Around the NFL

Forge

Just took a closer look.  Other than the Browns with no wins and the Giants now with 2, there's the Colts and Bears with 3 wins plus the loser of the Cinnci/Denver game.  SO that leaves 3 other teams to worry about along with the Browns and the Giants

Denver has several games left I think they can win - Dolphins, Jets,. Raiders, and Colts are all potentially winnable

Bears I don't know - they've got the Browns so either they win that one or the Browns get a win. And of course they have us.  We need to lose that one.

Colts I have the hardest finding a win for them - maybe the Bills or the Titans; Denver and Houston are two other chances for them

Of course I see several games we could win.  So I guess time will tell.

28 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

So after I touted Peterman a couple days ago I see he threw 5 picks today in about half a game.  Add in 66 yards on 14 attempts and he comes out of the game with a quarterback rating of 18.

He also fumbled, i believe. He just got it back

1 hour ago, big9erfan said:

So after I touted Peterman a couple days ago I see he threw 5 picks today in about half a game.  Add in 66 yards on 14 attempts and he comes out of the game with a quarterback rating of 18.

Wait, throwing 0 TDs and 5 INTs still gets you a QB rating of 18? Wow lol.

I'm thinking this Cowboys/Eagles game is going to be a fun one that comes down to the wire. Expecting a big bounce back performance from Dak.

So you guys are assuming we're going to win another couple games? Where? The only two teams left on our schedule we have a chance to beat are the Bears and the Texans and we play away for both of those games. I think this team is too beat up to beat either of those squads. 

6 minutes ago, Geek said:

So you guys are assuming we're going to win another couple games? Where? The only two teams left on our schedule we have a chance to beat are the Bears and the Texans and we play away for both of those games. I think this team is too beat up to beat either of those squads. 

I think we will win one more. The Giants hold the tiebreaker against us, so one more is all it takes. Bears / Texans is most likely, but I'm not ruling out the titans either. We also played Seattle and the rams tough in the first round of games, and weird things happen in division. I'm not sure where it happens, but i feel pretty confident we get another win. I won't rule out 2, but I don't think its super likely

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we will win one more. The Giants hold the tiebreaker against us, so one more is all it takes. Bears / Texans is most likely, but I'm not ruling out the titans either. We also played Seattle and the rams tough in the first round of games, and weird things happen in division. I'm not sure where it happens, but i feel pretty confident we get another win. I won't rule out 2, but I don't think its super likely

I thought the Titan's were pretty good, granted I haven't been watching them that closely.

Anyways, the Giants also have a couple games that they might be able to pull out the bag. They play the Raiders and the Cards away plus a bunch of divisional games. So I think their chances of picking up another one isn't impossible. I think our schedules parallel each other quite a bit with 2 games each that are possible to win but unlikely. Ultimately I don't see either team win anymore but it's not out of the realm of possibility we could each pick 1 up. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wait, throwing 0 TDs and 5 INTs still gets you a QB rating of 18? Wow lol.

I'm thinking this Cowboys/Eagles game is going to be a fun one that comes down to the wire. Expecting a big bounce back performance from Dak.

So much for the game being a good one lol.

Eagles are impressive on both sides of the ball. Please get Ajayi more carries though.

13 hours ago, Geek said:

We are a whole lot better team now, and probably better still when Jimmie G gets up to speed, then we were early in the year.  We barely lost to Seattle and LA the first time around.  Certainly there;'s a chance we could beat either of them second time around. Seattle has lost a lot of guys since our first meeting them and the Rams will probably have wrapped up the division by then and might be resting guys for the playoffs. The Texans without Watson are beatable The Bears should be winnable.. Heck even our other two games could conceivably be winnable.  Even if there were only a 10% chance of us winning every one of those games that still makesit  about 50-50 for winning one of them. But we're a lot higher than 10% on all of them; might even be favored against the Bears, I'd be amazed if we didn't win another game, and frankly surprised if we don't win more than one more.

The past couple of weeks we have been playing and starting a lot of guys that weren't even on a NFL roster at the start of the season. Our run defense has taken a blow from what it was earlier in the season. Well, that should change with the returns of Thomas/Carradine. Jimmy G should be an upgrade over the two QBs we have played this season, and the receiving core is starting to get healthy as well.

Still a bad team, just not as bad as it has been as of late. Definitely could see another two or three wins.

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The past couple of weeks we have been playing and starting a lot of guys that weren't even on a NFL roster at the start of the season. Our run defense has taken a blow from what it was earlier in the season. Well, that should change with the returns of Thomas/Carradine. Jimmy G should be an upgrade over the two QBs we have played this season, and the receiving core is starting to get healthy as well.

Still a bad team, just not as bad as it has been as of late. Definitely could see another two or three wins.

Plus we have Blair back. I know that it's impossible to tell what he really is at this point, but obviously seemed to really be a nice fit for the defense in his first game back. 

Definitely. Team is getting healthier while you will have other teams going the other way. 

Forgot to mention Lynch, but he should be back after the bye week as well. All these guys on the edge don't generate great pass rush, but they all are solid in the run game. 

Three wins should still have us picking in the top two though, or at worst top three. Just can't get more more than two wins rest of the way.

Archived