Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 27

Jason_Bengal_Fl

Every year there is a voting mock draft in the draft forum.  I like to let only team fans vote for the pick.  The 2018 Forum by forum mock draft is here.  The New Orleans Saints are on the clock with pick 27.  The first guy to 5 picks is the selection.  If no one gets to 5 after 24 hours the leader wins.  In case of a tie the earliest to the lead total wins.  If you discuss multiple gys in your post, please make a clear indication in your post who your actual choice is.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland - Bradley Chubb

5, Denver - Quentin Nelson 

6. Indianapolis - Denzel Ward

7. Tampa - Derwin James

8. Chicago - Tremaine Edmunds

9. SF 49ers - Minkah Fitzpatrick

10. Oakland - Vita Vea

11. Miami - Roquon Smith

12. Buffalo - Baker Mayfield

13. Washington - Derrius Guice

14. Green Bay - Harold Landry

15. Arizona - Josh Allen

16. Baltimore - DJ Moore

17. LA Chargers - Lamar Jackson

18. Seattle - Mike McGlinchey

19. Dallas - Calvin Ridley

20. Detroit - Da'Ron Payne

21. Cincinnati - Marcus Davenport

22. Buffalo - Layton Vander Esch

23. NE - Rashaan Evans

24. Carolina - Will Hernandez

25. Tennessee - Josh Sweat

26. Atlanta - Taven Bryan

1 minute ago, BossierWhoDat said:

I'm going Alexander also

Alexander would be my pick after Hubbard. So here is the question, folks. Lets say we pick Alexander. And he balls out. And Lattimore and Williams continues to ball out. And Crawley continues his good play. And PRob continues what he has been doing...guys we need a nickname for this secondary quick. We gotta be prepared.

8 minutes ago, navysaintsfan said:

Alexander would be my pick after Hubbard. So here is the question, folks. Lets say we pick Alexander. And he balls out. And Lattimore and Williams continues to ball out. And Crawley continues his good play. And PRob continues what he has been doing...guys we need a nickname for this secondary quick. We gotta be prepared.

The Second Line?

Neaux fly zone?

This is coming from a total none New Orleans native lol.

1 hour ago, navysaintsfan said:

I like the direction here. And as much as I love "Neaux Fly Zone" I can hear Denver fans crying about it already xD

I gave a ton of consideration to South Carolina TE Hayden Hurst here too but in the end this is a deep and talented corner class but its not top heavy. I actually believe that Alexander could go much earlier. Still, while I like Crawley I dont think hes a lock as the starter in 2018, the Saints likley want to bring someone in to really challange him for that spot. Lattimore and P-Rob are locks on the edge and slot but I do see a need at the corner position this year.

2 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

I like... "The Roux Crew"

18 minutes ago, ckoz24 said:

Leaving this right here to help my point.

https://youtu.be/_stSvqc4gMk

Like I said before, I feel this is a deep corner class and yes Oliver is a late 1st early 2nd guy IMO. I love his overall length and technical approach to the position but here's why I have Alexander as a better prospect...

One of the lesser talked about skills of a corner and the one that is a high piorioty on my grading scale is quickness and fluidity. Many in scouting call this the sticky gene, meaning does the prospect have the ability to stick in the hip pocket of a reciever and track him all over the field therefor always putting himself in position to make a play in man coverage. Alexander is excellent in this attribute while Oliver tends to struggle a bit in this area which like Ken Crawley tends to lead to getting handz that will lead to PI in the NFL as Crawley has found out. 

Still, Each of these corners bring their own skill set to the table and Oliver's wingspan and ability to make plays that he appears to be out of position on reminds me of Richard Sherman.

Archived