Offseason Workout Discussion

bucsfan333

I just hope Spence can stay healthy.  Vea being close to 350, certainly he isnt sloppy.  I sure hope his get off at the snap is correctable because holy crap if his get off is even average by NFL standrards what he could do.  Finally, Great job by Mike Evans.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I can't wait to see that five second 40 scramble around the edge. ?

Well, it' s more about giving the QB a read/pass option.  IIRC, Philly would run the read option with the QB with a WR running a slant,   If the QB noticed off coverage, he would throw it.   The oline ran the play like it would be a run everytime.  You know Jameis is chucking it given the choice. ?

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well, it' s more about giving the QB a read/pass option.  IIRC, Philly would run the read option with the QB with a WR running a slant,   If the QB noticed off coverage, he would throw it.   The oline ran the play like it would be a run everytime.  You know Jameis is chucking it given the choice. ?

This is a pretty good breakdown.

14 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

It was money the last quarter of the season. I really hope he keeps it up.

So here’s the reason I’m up for dealing D- Jax. It seems winston can hit other guys on this team deep. Godwin, Evans, Brate, and Howard. Not Jackson. 

If the offer is right, I’d pull the trigger for a G/T or a safety. 

Thoughts? 

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

So here’s the reason I’m up for dealing D- Jax. It seems winston can hit other guys on this team deep. Godwin, Evans, Brate, and Howard. Not Jackson. 

If the offer is right, I’d pull the trigger for a G/T or a safety. 

Thoughts? 

I really don't think we're looking to upgrade the oline right now. Benenoch is pretty much a lock at RG and Wester has consistently been the first team RT at OTAs with Dotson on the sideline. After resigning E Smith and drafting Cappa I think we're set. At least in the coaches' minds. If a Tyron Smith or someone ridiculous like that becomes available, I'm sure we'll call. But I don't think we're gonna swap DJax for a young, promising guy or anyone like that.

We could definitely use an upgrade at SS. But with guys like Eric Ried and Vacarro still out there, I'm not sure we're super interested in upgrading there either. Smitty loves Conte, for whatever reason. And Tandy is a team favorite. With Evans as one starter and Whitehead as a fourth round pick, again, I think we're set in the minds of coaches.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

I really don't think we're looking to upgrade the oline right now. Benenoch is pretty much a lock at RG and Wester has consistently been the first team RT at OTAs with Dotson on the sideline. After resigning E Smith and drafting Cappa I think we're set. At least in the coaches' minds. If a Tyron Smith or someone ridiculous like that becomes available, I'm sure we'll call. But I don't think we're gonna swap DJax for a young, promising guy or anyone like that.

We could definitely use an upgrade at SS. But with guys like Eric Ried and Vacarro still out there, I'm not sure we're super interested in upgrading there either. Smitty loves Conte, for whatever reason. And Tandy is a team favorite. With Evans as one starter and Whitehead as a fourth round pick, again, I think we're set in the minds of coaches.

Considering Koetter was on a visit before the draft for Whitehead, the coaching staff has high expectations.

Archived