Broncos cut CJ Anderson

49erurtaza

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

And he's older with some decent wear and tear on his body. I think he's going to struggle to get a decent contract on the market.

He just turned 27 and averaged only 197 touches over the last 4 seasons, didn't miss a game last season.

He's a solid player, not worth significant cap space. Elway blew the tender situation with him and he's gotta be so happy with Adam Gase for getting him that deal. Great dude. Can definitely be valuable for a team although he's pretty meh as your lead back. 

40 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

He just turned 27 and averaged only 197 touches over the last 4 seasons, didn't miss a game last season.

That ain't nearly as bad as I thought. Wasn't he an old rookie or am I thinking of someone else?

...now that I think about it, Booker was an old Rookie IIRC.

Is Devante Booker the new bell-cow in Denver?

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

That ain't nearly as bad as I thought. Wasn't he an old rookie or am I thinking of someone else?

...now that I think about it, Booker was an old Rookie IIRC.

Is Devante Booker the new bell-cow in Denver?

Doubtful.  Timeshare yes.   But likely Elway is drafting another RB likely Day 2 IMO. 

CJ played all 16 games last year but that was the first time.   With his style of play it wears down quickly.    At vet salary no harm but wasn’t worth keeping at the RFA tender DEN matched.   

12 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Doubtful.  Timeshare yes.   But likely Elway is drafting another RB likely Day 2 IMO. 

CJ played all 16 games last year but that was the first time.   With his style of play it wears down quickly.    At vet salary no harm but wasn’t worth keeping at the RFA tender DEN matched.   

I always liked Booker. I saw him as a Ray Rice type player minus the piece of human garbage factor. Hope he gets a chance to carry the load, but from what I've seen, he looks pretty meh thus far.

Archived