Cj anderson is being released

thebestever6

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Its all over pro football talk dumb move imo.

Why is it dumb? He's had one season where he's stayed healthy. His contract is a bit of an albatross, and frankly, although he seems like a great dude, he's pretty much a marginal football player IMO. The draft is chock full of RB talent this year. Booker is a sufficient backup, Henderson seems to be someone they like, but they need a real bellcow that they can build around.

44 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Why is it dumb? He's had one season where he's stayed healthy. His contract is a bit of an albatross, and frankly, although he seems like a great dude, he's pretty much a marginal football player IMO. The draft is chock full of RB talent this year. Booker is a sufficient backup, Henderson seems to be someone they like, but they need a real bellcow that they can build around.

I am just shocked we couldn't get anything heck I'd take moving up in the 5th round.

I've always liked CJ, he's a good guy and played his tail off for us. Is he an elite talent? No. Is his contract reflective of his abilities, including the most important ability, availability? Probably not. But this was the right move to make. Wish all the best to CJ wherever he lands. 

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I am just shocked we couldn't get anything heck I'd take moving up in the 5th round.

He doesn't have any trade value. It's hard to trade a player who isn't worth his salary. 

Though it is a bummer. CJ is an awesome guy and a fun football player to have on the team. I wish him the best. 

Cutting CJ opens the case to move up for Barkley...and, he very well could be there at 5 if the Giants go QBOTF and the Brown take Chubb,...or, the Giants take Chubb and someone like the Bill or Miami trade with Cleveland to land their QBOTF.  

Think getting Barkley is entirely possible.   

Archived