Cj anderson is being released

thebestever6

I don't think this is specifically a move to go after Barkley, but I think if Barkley is there at 5 we take him. If not, we snag a guy Round 2 or 3. It's another move that gives us some flexibility based on how the board falls.

I also think Henderson should get some burn, but not as a 1. We don't have a #1RB on the roster right now.

9 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Stop he's done once you lose it you lose it id rather resign Charels. 

Yeah...I liked all the doubters when he tore his ACL..he only rushed for, what 2,000 some yards afterwords...his 80% is better than some RBs 100%

4 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

I don't think this is specifically a move to go after Barkley, but I think if Barkley is there at 5 we take him. If not, we snag a guy Round 2 or 3. It's another move that gives us some flexibility based on how the board falls.

I also think Henderson should get some burn, but not as a 1. We don't have a #1RB on the roster right now.

Booker has had issues staying healthy, Henderson will get some burn this year.

Even if AP wasn't done (which he is) he hamstrings the offense bc he can't run out of the shotgun or catch balls so that's a big ol no thanks from me. 

10 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Yeah...I liked all the doubters when he tore his ACL..he only rushed for, what 2,000 some yards afterwords...his 80% is better than some RBs 100%

Its been twp years now since he has done anything. That 2000 yards impressive no doubt. But, thar was what 6 years ago lol?

Tip my cap to CJ he was a big part of SB50 that won’t ever change.   Just that RB is so devalued being paid at a top 12 salary he wasn’t worth keeping.   Wish him well.  

Re: AP that’s an easy no way.  It’s not just his skills decline is here (it is).   It’s also that his presence hamstrings an O in being  predictable.  When he’s in the game it’s either a run or he’s a total decoy that teams don’t have to account for.    It’s no coincidence NO and MIN’s O performed a lot better when he wasn’t on the field (not just 2017 but 2016 in MIN).   

Booker only has 2 cheap years left and isn’t a lock behind 3rd down / 2-minute drill work (but he’s a threat that we should be using there).  D-Henderson is completely unproven and couldn’t do enough to crack the top 4 until a game audition against the KC 2nd string D.  That ranked 32nd against the run in DVOA.   So yeah this sets us up to take RB in Day 1-2.   Anything less would be a shocker.   Especially since we are bringing in Day 2 RB’s for visits.  

I’ll miss CJ Anderson.  Obviously it was a business move that needed to be made and he wasn’t an elite talent, but he is one hell of a guy.

I work with a woman whose grandson suffered a similar type of injury (i believe a hip injury) that Anderson suffered at some point in HS or college.  Anderson somehow heard about it and reached out.  He’d give their family tickets to Broncos games, regularly contact the high school grandson, and even went out of his way to drive down and watch him play WR for a southern Colorado School on numerous occasions after he recovered.  She’s shown me tons of pictures with him standing with him at Mile High, standing with him at HS games he went to watch. 

Anderson literally received no benefit from this.  He’d wear ball caps and baggy clothes to the HS games to try and hide his identity and sit with the family. He simply did it because he’s a good guy.

1 hour ago, germ-x said:

I’ll miss CJ Anderson.  Obviously it was a business move that needed to be made and he wasn’t an elite talent, but he is one hell of a guy.

I work with a woman whose grandson suffered a similar type of injury (i believe a hip injury) that Anderson suffered at some point in HS or college.  Anderson somehow heard about it and reached out.  He’d give their family tickets to Broncos games, regularly contact the high school grandson, and even went out of his way to drive down and watch him play WR for a southern Colorado School on numerous occasions after he recovered.  She’s shown me tons of pictures with him standing with him at Mile High, standing with him at HS games he went to watch. 

Anderson literally received no benefit from this.  He’d wear ball caps and baggy clothes to the HS games to try and hide his identity and sit with the family. He simply did it because he’s a good guy.

One of my favorites. We're gonna miss him.

CJ's one of those players that never had all pro talent but man he played hard. It's the kind of effort that you wish you could get out of all your players. Good luck to him. 

As far as AP goes: the problem with a guy like him is that he's always been a one trick pony (albeit his one trick was out of this world for a very long time). He doesn't catch well out of he backfield, and is poor in pass pro. In order for an offense to succeed with him, he has to be the absolute focal point of the offense to make up for his deficiencies in those other areas. And while I think he may have one more good season left in him in the right circumstances, he isn't the same player he was a few years ago. Even in his two good games with Arizona this year, he had visibly lost a step. I actually thought he looked great until I went and watched film of him from his 2000 yard season. Noticeable drop in speed. 

Archived