Browns re-sign WR Josh Gordon

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

id love to sign him to a two year 24 million contract all guaranteed. this year he gets more than what he is worth next year he gets less, win win deal. 

Also drugs vito the contract. 

But why.....Gordon hasn't earned the right to a big payday at all, let him earn it.

1 minute ago, DingoLadd said:

But why.....Gordon hasn't earned the right to a big payday at all, let him earn it.

We can afford it this year and we would see where he real is at as a player. 

Aslo he hasn't earned it, he hasn't earned that much with his display of character. 

it is his huge talent that i am interested in. 

25 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Don't think Cleveland signed Carlos Hyde to be a backup.

The guaranteed money on the deal is pretty small.  I'm sure they'd be happy for him to take the bulk of the carries this season and burn tire on his treads (rather than Barkley's) during a still building year, then let Barkley be the man in 2019 and beyond.

I'm not saying that's their plan, but I don't see Hyde's presence as a huge factor.

5 minutes ago, DaveDX said:

You're not the only one bruv.

I was reading a news article about the Oklahoma education/funding discussion/debate.  There was a pull-quote from a student mentioning how there should be enough funding to have textbooks that weren't published in 2005 and earlier.

I felt personally attacked (I graduated HS in the mid-2000s).

51 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

I was reading a news article about the Oklahoma education/funding discussion/debate.  There was a pull-quote from a student mentioning how there should be enough funding to have textbooks that weren't published in 2005 and earlier.

I felt personally attacked (I graduated HS in the mid-2000s).

I hear ya, 2001 grad here.  Its wild how fast things change now, so who knows if the kid has a point or not.  But I bet he never had a globe with East and West Germany and Czechoslovakia on it!

Browns really have a great chance to turn things around . But I think Hue is the wrong HC to do it .... I also have a feeling they will screw this draft up as well  , trying to get cute and more picks. If they took Barkley and Mayfield  OMG I could see them in the post season in next couple season really strong 

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:53 AM, canadaluvsdallas said:

Joe Jerevicius... good lord haven't said that name in a while. I feel old.

Jurevicius could've had a 10,000 yard career if he wouldn't have been jerked around so much.  Every year he'd get buried on the depth chart, only to end the season as one of the top playmakers on the team.

Then you have Gordon on his what 6th or 7th chance?  I don't care how good Gordon is, it's laughable to me how the Browns organization can honestly invest more money into this screw up.  I guess there's a reason some teams are destined to remain in the cellar.  He'll be in jail by week 8...

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Jurevicius could've had a 10,000 yard career if he wouldn't have been jerked around so much.  Every year he'd get buried on the depth chart, only to end the season as one of the top playmakers on the team.

Then you have Gordon on his what 6th or 7th chance?  I don't care how good Gordon is, it's laughable to me how the Browns organization can honestly invest more money into this screw up.  I guess there's a reason some teams are destined to remain in the cellar.  He'll be in jail by week 8...

They’re not really “investing money” in him in any meaningful way. The thread title is a tad misleading in that he’s being signed as an exclusive rights FA. So no meaningful $$ or commitment here w/r/t cap, long-term planning, etc. 

5 hours ago, frenchie said:

Suspended players don't get paid so if he is suspended he isn't rewarded.

In 2.5 years worth of games (not all starts) he has 3089 yards.

Gordon signed his $790,000 tender. Browns are awful for giving him three quarters of a million dollars. They could have got Sammie Coates for that kind of money.

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

In 2.5 years worth of games (not all starts) he has 3089 yards.

The 30 for 30 on him is going to be real interesting.  Half those yards came in one season, which when the 2018 season opens, will have been 4.5 years ago.  

I've said it before, but you can count me among the few who think Gordon is done as an impact receiver.  Not a popular opinion, for sure.

But are the Browns wrong for bringing him back?  Absolutely not.  That is a fantastic deal for the team that could pay off wildly.

Archived