Vikings extend Eric Kendricks 5 years 50 mil, 25 mil guaranteed

49erurtaza

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like it but like most elite defenses someone cant stay eventually. Any legit guys likely to not be resigned in a year or so?

Anthony Barr, Danielle Hunter and Sheldon Richardson are all free agents next year. Trae Waynes too if the fifth year option is declined. 

Barr is probably the most unique, hardest to replace. If Richardson returns to dominance, he's the most important.

Hunter is a really good player too at a premier position. However, he seems limited as a pass rusher.

Waynes is expendable. Not worth the likely contract he'd get on the open market. Solid player but not a key piece. 

This year's draft will be telling on how needs will be prioritized since the Vikes will be in a position to draft BPA. I expect a heavy draft focus to be placed on defense knowing who is up for free agency in a year.

The rest (Griffen, Joseph, Smith, Rhodes) were all locked up last year. 

25 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I like the extension for the Vikings. Counting the last year of his rookie deal, it would make him the 6th highest plaid ILB (from Vikings forum). And looking at Spotrac, once this deal kicks in and he average $10 mil per year, he'd be the fourth highest paid ILB.

Darn "tartan" you should.

I'll let myself out.

Kendricks is the 4th most important one out of their 4 in house upcoming UFAs...and theyre paying him $10 mil a year with 25 guaranteed..

Barr, Hunter, and Diggs all will need/get more money than that. So Im guessing the FO sort of knows its going to lose one or two of those guys so they wanted to lock up Kendricks asap. 

Its a good signing. I am a fan of teams extending their guys before they hit free agency.

Its hard to fault the Vikes for just having so many great players that they won't be able to keep all of them. 

1 hour ago, BAConrad said:

Barr, Hunter, and Diggs all will need/get more money than that. 

I know the WR market is crazy, but Diggs will need to stay healthy for a year before demanding this kind of money. His production doesn’t equal a multi-year, +$10M/year deal.

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol he’s getting at least 10m a year easily. 

More of your predictions..?

+$10M/year to a receiver that has averaged 800 yards and 5 TDs, with injury issues. 

It’s possible. Watkins proved you don’t actually need to prove something on a prove it deal to cash in. But if Diggs gets that money with another year like the last few, it’d be a massive overpay.

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

Part of the reason why he gets this type of money.

Pshaw. That's against Brock Osweiler. Osweiler probably yelled our "Hey Lamar! I'm going to throw it to you in the flat out to the right! MY right!" during his presnap cadence.

Don't get me wrong, Kendrick is a great player and deserves the money - but Brock Lobster is bad like that.

1 minute ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Pshaw. That's against Brock Osweiler. Osweiler probably yelled our "Hey Lamar! I'm going to throw it to you in the flat out to the right! MY right!" during his presnap cadence.

Don't get me wrong, Kendrick is a great player and deserves the money - but Brock Lobster is bad like that.

How dare you disrespect Super Bowl champion Brock Osweiler like that?

53 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

More of your predictions..?

+$10M/year to a receiver that has averaged 800 yards and 5 TDs, with injury issues. 

It’s possible. Watkins proved you don’t actually need to prove something on a prove it deal to cash in. But if Diggs gets that money with another year like the last few, it’d be a massive overpay.

So you try dismiss my opinion as another one of “my predictions” then proceed to illustrate why he would get said money...excellent.

Archived