Vikings extend Eric Kendricks 5 years 50 mil, 25 mil guaranteed

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Glad he's signed.

Now Barr, Diggs, Hunter and Richardson in some order...

I can’t see the team giving Richardson a contract extension until he actually plays a season for us though.  It will probably come next year for him.

30 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

I can’t see the team giving Richardson a contract extension until he actually plays a season for us though.  It will probably come next year for him.

I could see Richardson as a prime candidate for the franchise tag if he has a big year.

7 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I know the WR market is crazy, but Diggs will need to stay healthy for a year before demanding this kind of money. His production doesn’t equal a multi-year, +$10M/year deal.

Paul Richardson got 8 a year and Moncrief got almost 10 (albeit a 1 year deal). Diggs is gonna get PAID.

9 hours ago, vikestyle said:

Paul Richardson got 8 a year and Moncrief got almost 10 (albeit a 1 year deal). Diggs is gonna get PAID.

I think what Watkins got is likely going to be where Diggs ends up.

This is the cost of drafting and developing well. Good players will leave. My preference is to keep as much of the defense intact but I'd hate to see a player like Diggs leaves.

In terms of prority, I had Kendricks lower on the list but my guess is that he may have been the easiest to take care of.

I do hope that Barr is next. He's already on the books for $12 million in 2018 and I'd think he'd get a deal comparable to Kendricks, around $10-$12 million per year, over four years.

Surprised a little by this move. It essentially came down to Kendricks or Barr, as I don’t see the vikes letting go of Hunter/Diggs. I would’ve resigned Barr but the fact remains he has been playing in a scheme that doesn’t fully utilize his strengths. He’d be dynamite as a full time 3-4 OLB. 

Id expect a couple other larger contract extensions from the 2015 class in the next few weeks. Eddie Goldman should be one of them. 

23 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like it but like most elite defenses someone cant stay eventually. Any legit guys likely to not be resigned in a year or so?

The best way to answer this question will be to look at who we pick up in the draft.  You can only hold on to so many premier players, so at some point, you have replace some of them with rookies who can be paid on lower contracts for the next 3-5 years.  It's strange, but the future of one of our very good defenders could very well come down to how the draft falls to us.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:35 PM, Yin-Yang said:

I know the WR market is crazy, but Diggs will need to stay healthy for a year before demanding this kind of money. His production doesn’t equal a multi-year, +$10M/year deal.

Laugh Laughing GIF

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, pigsooie5 said:

Surprised a little by this move. It essentially came down to Kendricks or Barr, as I don’t see the vikes letting go of Hunter/Diggs. I would’ve resigned Barr but the fact remains he has been playing in a scheme that doesn’t fully utilize his strengths. He’d be dynamite as a full time 3-4 OLB. 

Id expect a couple other larger contract extensions from the 2015 class in the next few weeks. Eddie Goldman should be one of them. 

No its not coming down to Kendricks or Barr, rumor is Barr is up next

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Using one of my favorite gifs against me...

You happen to believe Diggs’ career production is indicative of a receiver that gets paid big bucks?

I don't think career production is the only factor. Other factors should show that Diggs should still likely get some strong bucks.

18 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Using one of my favorite gifs against me...

You happen to believe Diggs’ career production is indicative of a receiver that gets paid big bucks?

$10M+ isn't even a large contract anymore. It's a top 18 WR contract. And that doesn't even mean he has to be a top 18 WR for that to be worth it since you would have to adjust for inflation for older contracts.

Archived