Eric Kendrick’s Signs Extension 5Yr/$50M

gopherwrestler

I think that's smart. Lock-up the QB of our defense (if I'm not mistaken he has the helmet dot). He's proven to be a very effective line-backer  at this time and keeps the defense in tact and playing strong for a longer time.

As a comparison, Bobby Wagner from Seattle got a 4 year $43 mil deal. So with Kendricks, I feel like that makes sense in terms of value. Keuchley, Wagner and Ogletree are three over $10 mil per year.

Drew up a rough outline for a new deal when I was bored at work in October, guessed he'd get around 9.7 per year with 26 or so fully guaranteed. Thrilled to see this deal get done, the dude deserves it more than anyone on the team, maybe the league

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

That's Barr, I believe.

I think kendricks took those duties over this past season. 

I always thought Barr was the one with the dot as well, but over the last couple of weeks PA and Wobby have both credited Kendricks with wearing the green dot. 

11 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think kendricks took those duties over this past season. 

I always thought Barr was the one with the dot as well, but over the last couple of weeks PA and Wobby have both credited Kendricks with wearing the green dot. 

Barr wore it as late as Week 17 (and both playoff games).

Don't have access to twitter to quote it like I normally would at work, but someone asked one of the local guys what Barr would want then if Kendricks got this, they said that they would expect Barr to get a similar contract if the Vikings kept him around.

Archived