Eric Kendrick’s Signs Extension 5Yr/$50M

gopherwrestler

22 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Oh, interesting, yeah, that clears up a lot. If they had franchised him as a LB, that would have been something like $18 mil for the year thanks to OLB's getting paid (maybe not that much, but high).

Barr isn't worth that either. I hope they take care of Barr next though. Love seeing that Kendricks is part of the future.

I want to resign Diggs and Barr, but to me Hunter is more expendable. He's good against the run and a decent pass rusher, but the Vikings have done well as of late developing defensive linemen, and I think that they can find someone to replace Hunter easier than Barr or Diggs.

I'd actually prefer to lock up Waynes over Hunter as well.

41 minutes ago, disaacs said:

The next extension will be between Diggs and Barr.  I think Hunter will be the last, since he's the pass rusher, and will be the most complex of the extensions because of its importance.  

I think Hunter will be next, and Diggs will be last. The team all but has the framework for Hunter’s deal set by just looking at the deal Griffen signed in 2014. Barr’s contract won’t be complicated. But Diggs’ contract is coming at a prime time for receivers to cash in. He’s not really worth what some of these receivers are getting, but someone will likely give it to him. I’m not confident that a deal with Diggs gets done. 

2 minutes ago, joru1000 said:

Barr is the most expendable of the 3 guys we still need.

Hunter > Diggs >>> Barr

I'm going to have to disagree.

Barr >> Hunter >>> Diggs.  Barr allows a lot of the other defensive players to do things they normally wouldn't be able to do.  Where as we finally have a QB that should be able to make average talent look good not to mention we already have Thielen locked up

Either which way Barr's extension should be close to what he's currently making so locking him up makes sense and should keep the cap room close to where its currently at.  With that said I still want all 3 plus Richardson back if he proves his worth

54 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Happy Kendricks is staying.

What's our cap look like right now? Do we still have the money for one more big re-signing?

I would still expect to see Barr get an extension before training camp. A new contract for him would very likely create more cap space. 

Archived