Will Rob Gronkowski be traded this off-season?

DoleINGout

Will Rob Gronkowski be traded?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Rob Gronkowski will be traded?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/19/2018 at 09:57 PM

Amid rumors and speculation from all types of sources both reliable and unreliable, I have been expecting Gronk to be traded this draft to the Oakland Raiders. Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski were the only no shows at volunary team work outs. Between drafting Mason Rudolph, (or some other quarterback in the first round), and dealing Gronk away, Bill will have the team get with the program heading into the season. I know it's an unpopular thing to put out there and predict, but it's something I feel is inevitable.

No. All of this has been Gronk angling for a new contract.  The media is loving this story and it's been getting jammed down our throat all off-season, it's getting pretty old, tbh.

Is Gronk underpaid? Of course he is. But when he signed the contract, it was the largest for a TE in NFL history; And then it was re-worked so it was more incentive based. Now, he finally stays healthy for a season and wants the Patriots to break the bank? Why would they?

I really doubt the Patriots would move on from Gronk, Cooks and Amendola all in one off-season. I'm not worried, they'll mutually work something out.

@1ForTheThumb to be fair though, Dola moved all on his own, and Cooks value in the trade market was unmistakable to ignore. Gronkowski was angling for this scenario with his restructuring because he saw how the NFL players contracts game works. So as soon as he had this relatively healthy season as you pointed out, he was going to play for money during the offseason. The timing is unfortunate for him as it relates to the mission of the team under Belichick now with the TB12 drama and the culture maintainance with flushing out Butler, not overpaying Solder, likely being 50/50 on Edelman coming back after preseason/training camp, (i.e. cutting him), and now moving on from Gronk (although I don’t hunk this is what they want to do AT ALL, I’m pretty certain they feel like it’s reached a breaking point and they don’t count on him). Holy crap that was a long run on sentence. I think josh McDaniels was literally only paid more to be here for 2018 so Brady would stay relatively focused and engaged with the staff.

2019: No Josh McDaniels, Tom Brady, Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski, Dion Lewis, Malcolm Butler, Matt Patricia, Stephen Gostkowski, Brandin Cooks and very possibly no Bill Belichick as head coach. You will have Mason Rudolph, Brian Flores, one of Hayden Hurst/Mark Andrews/Dalton Schultz, and Riley McCarron as your “foundational” team members to coach and play offense.

Don't really know what to make of the above, but there's almost no way they trade Gronk. As I've said before, his value is at an all time low given the retirement BS, which means it's extremely unlikely any team comes close to offering enough value to make the Patriots think about it. 

41 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

@dhunt2402 you’ve been regularly avoiding responding directly to me. It’s all good, my opinions are not very ... conventional?

It just seems to me you’re reaching. Like you’ve been all over the place with the QB scenario. First, it was they’re packaging picks to trade up into the top 3 for Rosen. Now it’s Mason Rudolph is “the guy” to replace Brady because of some standard annual draft rumors? Patriots are going to trade Gronk, replace him with a rookie tight end, draft a QB and bam that’s you’re foundation on offense? 

Really seems like you believe everything you read.

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

It just seems to me you’re reaching. Like you’ve been all over the place with the QB scenario. First, it was they’re packaging picks to trade up into the top 3 for Rosen. Now it’s Mason Rudolph is “the guy” to replace Brady because of some standard annual draft rumors? Patriots are going to trade Gronk, replace him with a rookie tight end, draft a QB and bam that’s you’re foundation on offense? 

Really seems like you believe everything you read.

No, never said rhey were trading into the top 3 for Rosen. It was always Rudolph, then I did buy into the Rosen hype for a couple of days and had them trading up to 10 to pick Rosen assuming he fell. I still don't know if they prefer Rosen over Eudolph but I think they will make a trade up either way and take the guy who is remaining there. Rosen probably won't but Rudolph probably will.

edit: oh yeah I should include Dez Bryant on that list.

Archived