TheVillain112 2018 1st Round Mock v1.0...

TheVillain112

1 hour ago, pigsooie5 said:

Where do you put Fitz in Chicago’s defense? Eddie Jackson and Adrian Amos are one of the more solid Safety tandems in the NFL and both are 24 years old...? I could see at NCB but that seems a little rich for 8 overall don’t you think?

I do see him as the starting NCB.  Also think Pace likes his versatility.  With all the injuries the Bears have had recently, having a DB that can play multiple positions and is as talented as Fitz is why I think they take him...

Mock draft v2.0 based on a lot of the feedback.  Now everyone can stop making fun of me for not giving the Browns both of the Bills picks...

1: Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2: New York Giants: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
3: New York Jets (via Colts): Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma
4: Buffalo Bills (via Browns/Texans): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
5: Denver Broncos: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
6: Indianapolis Colts (via Jets): Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State
7: Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Derwin James, S, Florida State
8: Chicago Bears: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama
9: San Francisco 49ers: Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia
10: Oakland Raiders: Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State
11: Miami Dolphins: Quenton Nelson, OL, Notre Dame
12: Cleveland Browns (via Bills/Bengals): Joshua Jackson, CB, Iowa
13: Washington Redskins: Vita Vea, DT, Washington
14: Green Bay Packers: Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
15: Arizona Cardinals: Mike McGlinchey, OL, Notre Dame
16: Baltimore Ravens: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
17: Los Angeles Chargers: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
18: Seattle Seahawks: Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan
19: Dallas Cowboys: Courtland Sutton, WR, SMU
20: Detroit Lions: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU
21: Cincinnati Bengals (via Bills): James Daniels, OL, Iowa
22: Cleveland Browns (via Bills/Chiefs): Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama
23: New England Patriots (via Rams): Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
24: Carolina Panthers: Will Hernandez, OL, UTEP
25: Tennessee Titans: Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA
26: Atlanta Falcons: Taven Bryan, DL, Florida
27: New Orleans Saints: Da’Ron Payne, DL, Alabama
28: Pittsburgh Steelers: Leighton Vander Esch, LB, Boise State
29: Jacksonville Jaguars: Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma State
30: Minnesota Vikings: Isaiah Wynn, OL, Georgia
31: New England Patriots: Connor Williams, OL, Texas
32: Philadelphia Eagles: Mike Hughes, CB, UCF

38 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I do see him as the starting NCB.  Also think Pace likes his versatility.  With all the injuries the Bears have had recently, having a DB that can play multiple positions and is as talented as Fitz is why I think they take him...

Bryce Callahan was one of the highest rated NCBs in the NFL by PFF last season and is also only 26 years old. Pace is a needs based drafter (White/Floyd/Trubisky), NCB/S is probably not in the top 5. Seems like you’re trying a little too hard to be “different” here. Marcus Davenport or Quenton Nelson make MUCH more sense.

Wander in the Bears forum and try to find me a mock done by anyone in the past 3 months that has Fitz as the Pick at 8.... Not saying the guys in there are the be all end all but the knowledge of this team and front office is HIGH. 

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Mock draft v2.0 based on a lot of the feedback. 

16: Baltimore Ravens: Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama
17: Los Angeles Chargers: Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech

If Tremaine Edmunds makes it to pick 16, I and most Ravens fans on here would probably agree that we take the elite defensive prospect over the good WR prospect

I doubt Sutton is a first rounder. Also, I don’t think Patricia would go for a RB Round 1. He’s comfortable with a committee approach and has guys to fit different roles in Blount, who he’s worked with in NE, Abdullah, Riddick, etc. 

10 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Bryce Callahan was one of the highest rated NCBs in the NFL by PFF last season and is also only 26 years old. Pace is a needs based drafter (White/Floyd/Trubisky), NCB/S is probably not in the top 5. Seems like you’re trying a little too hard to be “different” here. Marcus Davenport or Quenton Nelson make MUCH more sense.

Wander in the Bears forum and try to find me a mock done by anyone in the past 3 months that has Fitz as the Pick at 8.... Not saying the guys in there are the be all end all but the knowledge of this team and front office is HIGH. 

This is fair.  I'll work on updating it.  I really want to give the Bears another pass rusher.  I don't think they'll take Nelson but Davenport seems to align closer to moves that Pace makes...

Archived