Seahawks to release Malik McDowell

goldfishwars

Just now, TheChancellor said:

It's hard to imagine that Ifedi will be worse next season, but now that I said it out loud, I fear it's actually possible.

I share this fear, but also our lineman our documented in their slow development. It took Britt and Carp a few years to become decent. Maybe Solari can whip Ifedi into shape.

The thing is.. I don’t know what he is. He’s not quick enough to survive on the outside. He’s not strong enough in our power-run scheme (or enough of a technician to compensate) to be a Guard. I’d like to see him at LG and see how he handles being between our two best lineman (Brown and Britt). 

14 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

Oooof. That one hurts.

The amusing thing is that we as Packers fans hear about how great of a drafter Schneider is, and he had a 3 year period where he drafted at a ridiculous rate.  His success rate since then has been miserable.

5 minutes ago, One Punch Man said:

I share this fear, but also our lineman our documented in their slow development. It took Britt and Carp a few years to become decent. Maybe Solari can whip Ifedi into shape.

The thing is.. I don’t know what he is. He’s not quick enough to survive on the outside. He’s not strong enough in our power-run scheme (or enough of a technician to compensate) to be a Guard. I’d like to see him at LG and see how he handles being between our two best lineman (Brown and Britt). 

And, on top of all that, he is a penalty machine unlike any other.

24 minutes ago, TheChancellor said:

And, on top of all that, he is a penalty machine unlike any other.

That’s true. Although I’m willing to attribute this to the bad coaching and lack the of help/role models along our OL. We drafted him in the 1st knowing he was pretty raw. So our solution to that was letting Cable coach him and Justin Britt mentor him? Jesus.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

The amusing thing is that we as Packers fans hear about how great of a drafter Schneider is, and he had a 3 year period where he drafted at a ridiculous rate.  His success rate since then has been miserable.

His best drafts were when Scot Mccloughan was in the building.

Archived