Preseason Week One - Bucs @ Bengals

bucsfan333

Friday at 7:30pm EST is when the game is. But if you're out of market, you'll have to watch the NFLN re-air at 1am. Which means I'm gonna have to set my alarm. ?

I can't imagine any of our starters will see the field. But we should get a pretty good look at our rookies. And maybe we'll see the start of the Bond/Beckwith battle for SLB, as well.

I'm interested to see the bottom of our WR depth chart. I'm sure Godwin will start as our number one. I wanna see Reedy, Wilson, Huff, Walker, Dye, and Martino. I wanna see one of them separate himself from the group.

http://m.buccaneers.com/news/article-smith/Buccaneers-First-Depth-Chart-Released/6d9863dc-ca3e-4e04-b049-e7c18c4e5784

QB Winston | Fitz or Griffin

RB Martin | Quizz or C. Sims | McNichols | Barber | Hansbrough | B. Sims | Hicks

TE Brate | Westbrook | Auclair

TE Howard | Stocker | Cross | Johnson

WR M. Evans | Martino | Godwin

WR Jackson | Humphries | Dye | Huff

LT D. Smith | Wester | Gardner

LG Pamphile | Allen | Harrison

C Marpet | Hawley | Stone

RG Sweezy | E. Smith | Liedtke

RT Dotson | Benenoch | Kirven

LE Gholston | Lambert | G. Johnson

DT McCoy | McDonald

DT Baker | Siliga | Tu'ikolovatu

RE Ayers | Spence | Russell

SLB Bond | Beckwith | Knox

MLB Alexander | Glanton | Bullough

WLB David | Lynch | Brown

CB Grimes | R. Smith

CB Hargreaves III | Adjei-Barimah

Nickel McClain and Elliot

S Conte | J. Evans | I. Johnson

S Tandy | Wilcox | Robinson

K Aguayo and Folk

P Anger

Holder Anger

LS Sanborn | Glanton

PR Humphries | Hargreaves III | Reedy | Wilson

KR R. Smith | Dye | Huff | J. Evans

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Friday at 7:30pm EST is when the game is. But if you're out of market, you'll have to watch the NFLN re-air at 1am. Which means I'm gonna have to set my alarm. ?

I can't imagine any of our starters will see the field. But we should get a pretty good look at our rookies. And maybe we'll see the start of the Bond/Beckwith battle for SLB, as well.

I'm interested to see the bottom of our WR depth chart. I'm sure Godwin will start as our number one. I wanna see Reedy, Wilson, Huff, Walker, Dye, and Martino. I wanna see one of them separate himself from the group.

I remember Koetter playing the starters a few series in Philly last season.  Would like to see some better play out of the 2nd team oline.  Last year they were dreadful.  Very interested to see how Jude and Smith play outside.  I thought I read that Elliott and McClain are playing nickel.  

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I remember Koetter playing the starters a few series in Philly last season.  Would like to see some better play out of the 2nd team oline.  Last year they were dreadful.  Very interested to see how Jude and Smith play outside.  I thought I read that Elliott and McClain are playing nickel.  

We've released an "unofficial" depth chart. I typed out as much as I could find.

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Yes saw that after I was done typing, thanks for the update.  Feel a lot better if Wester and Benenoch can dominate against the Bengals 2nd team dline.

It sounds like they're battling for the primary swing tackle spot. It would be cool if one of them stepped up so we could leave Pamphile at guard.

Also, the "and"s and "or"s are how we've designated it. Those spots are too close to call right now.

And Koetter said he hopes to figure out if it's gonna be Aguayo or Folk sooner rather than later. But he'll let it play out as long as it takes.

The only thing worth reading into that is that I spent about 19 seconds on it trying to fit 90 guys into a two deep. Get your cameras on, I screwed up. I put Jeremy McNichols ahead of Peyton Barber, and that was an accident. I told Peyton about that in stretches today and he laughed. I said ‘when they ask you, tell them it was my fault. Don’t start crying or anything.’ It’s preseason. It will work itself out.

Dirk talking about the depth chart. icon_lol.gif

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I want to see Aguayo.   Let s see what he has got.  I think he has to be basically perfect in all the preseason games or Folk completely implodes.

He's been better than Folk the last week-ish. At least at practice. 

Archived