Preseason Week One - Bucs @ Bengals

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's been better than Folk the last week-ish. At least at practice. 

I really want to see this position filled by the end of the 3rd preseason game. I like all the training camp updates,  but what happens in actual game conditions will mean the most.  

I think the media has been over the top with Aguayo and Folk.  I get it because of the draft status, but his 1st year was very similar to rookie years of other very good kickers.  Folk could still beat him out, I just see myself getting worn out by the kicker media coverage.  Skinny or wide posts.   Left or right hash. What did Licht really mean on that radio interview? Just too much.

32 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Curious to see what Barber and McNichols will bring.  If they show enough this preseason I wonder if Sims might be in trouble of not making the roster 

It's funny you say that's because that exactly what I was thinking. I wanna see a lot of those two.

51 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Curious to see what Barber and McNichols will bring.  If they show enough this preseason I wonder if Sims might be in trouble of not making the roster 

I am very interested as well. Looks like McNichols struggling a little with the playbook. Good size and solid hands.

Just like everyone else I'm going to love the battle between McNichols and Barber. 

There are a few I want to see in action - BoBo Wilson, Stevie Tu'ikolovatu,

After the first Hard Knocks episode I can't wait to see Riley Bullough too.

Finally made it over here to the new fourm. Love the look.

Watched the first half and wasn't overly impressed with anyone, evans is as good as i thought he was, and hargraves made a great INT. but no one else really impressed my so far.

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I wonder if Aguayo lasts the week.

I'm not sure,  I would like to see the move made now and bring in another kicker to compete with Folk.  I'm hoping Aguayo can get through his mental issues, but it's pretty obvious it won't be in Tampa.   Last night couldn't have gone any worse for Aguayo.   Missed Xtra point, then chance to redeem himself and missed FG,  They already cut multiple guys, at this point I don't see why Aguayo should be treated differently. 

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I'm not sure,  I would like to see the move made now and bring in another kicker to compete with Folk.  I'm hoping Aguayo can get through his mental issues, but it's pretty obvious it won't be in Tampa.   Last night couldn't have gone any worse for Aguayo.   Missed Xtra point, then chance to redeem himself and missed FG,  They already cut multiple guys, at this point I don't see why Aguayo should be treated differently. 

I think Dan Carpenter is about the only worthwhile K out there unless we wanna find a rookie.

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I think Dan Carpenter is about the only worthwhile K out there unless we wanna find a rookie.

I'm fine with Carpenter or a rookie.   The coaching staff has to have little faith in Aguayo s ability to compartmentalize a mistake under game conditions.   We saw it last season and saw it again last night.   It's a shame it has to be this way,  I just don't a way Aguayo can win the job.  Just like when Sperleck was cut they brought in another WR, kicker should not be treated differently. 

I don't disagree with you at all. Aguayo struggled (and downright sucked) throughout all last year. He started looking good in camp this year. But camp doesn't mean jack when he sucks in actual games. It's time to admit we screwed up and cut bait.

Archived