The Dez Bryant Thread

sp6488

12 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Of course we will probably be in on him but he's the real question. Does he want to play with Flacco? A lot of his issues seem to stem from Daks poor play. I can see him wanting to play with a top 10 QB. 

We could try and sell him and say "You can be Joe's Boldin" they have a similar play style. We will see how it shakes out. 

I’m sure other teams with more cap space will be in on him. Though I’m sure we’ll give it the good ole college try.

I would love to see Dez and Fitz play across from one another though. Sam Bradford is a very underrated QB (outside of his durability issues) and with an OL to buy him time, that receiver would be a force to handle.

Man I would love to have Dez on the team. He'd easily be better than just about any first round receiver we could get. However as others have noted, it's really up to Dez. I'm sure the Ravens will go after him, but is Baltimore a destination hell realistically be considering? 

3 hours ago, Ballimore said:

Not interested. Already have Crabtree who does everything he does and has proven to be still productive at this point. 

Just draft a WR and add a young promising guy like Snead and I’m happy.

Dez Bryant (past 3 years): 55.5 yds/g, 0.45 TDs/game, 13.5 ypc, 50% catch rate

Michael Crabtree (past 3 years): 55.3 yds/g, 0.54 TDs/game, 11.0 ypc, 59% catch rate.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that Crabtree is still productive whereas Dez is not. On a per game basis, the comparison isn’t that far apart in terms of yards produced. Crabtree certainly is the more efficient target, but from what I have seen of Dak, he’s not the most accurate passer. So a lot of the targets for Bryant weren’t catchable balls whereas Carr is definitely the more accurate thrower.

If Dez is looking for a payday, it won’t be with the Ravens, but if he’s looking for a better locker room, I’d definitely love to pair him with Crabtree. Two redundant quality receivers are better than two redundant poor receivers. Also with a big target like Dez who could be a Y receiver in the middle, we could run more slot sets and reduce the need for a playmaking TE, especially since we can run from those sets with both Crabtree and Dez being quality run blocking receivers.

1 hour ago, paraven said:

Im only good if this still means we go DJ Moore in the first. But if signing Dez means no more WR early in the draft then im not ok with it

I don’t think it would. It just depends on your definition of early. We were probably never going to go WR in round one anyway unless we trade down. Ozzie and DeCosta have been adamant about going BPA. Based off everything we’ve heard Ozzie and DeCosta see the strength of this draft on the second day, I don’t think that’s them just blowing smoke either. So assuming it’s not smoke there just aren’t many scenarios where a receiver would be the very BPA in the top half of the first round. Perhaps they would be after a trade down however.

I think the only thing Dez would change about the scenario would be that we probably wouldn’t double dip at the position whereas right now I’d put a high chance on that being the case.

10 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Doesn't Crabtree fill the same role?

I'd rather have another fast guy on the field.

Sorta. But I think these guys are the mold of receiver Flacco excels with and having two of them on the field at the same time isn't a bad thing. Utilize Brown or Moore as the deep threat on the field most of the time (and both can be on at the same time in sets anyways) and another receiver drafted with a quality pick developing for a year and I like it.  Go Jackson in the first, Goedert/Gesicki in the second, and WR in the third and call it a day for the offense. Would like to see an offensive tackle too but you can't have everything in one draft. 

Flacco can't have enough weapons guys. He needs them. Badly.

Archived