The Dez Bryant Thread

sp6488

1 hour ago, Mancunian Raven said:

I see Dez going somewhere on a cheap, 'get me a ring' deal. Although it looks like his immediate reaction was to reach out to the NFC East, to get revenge on the Cowboys. Either way, the chances of him being a Raven are pretty slim.

Ozzie Newsome is probably putting on his best Emperor Palpatine impression.giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Mancunian Raven said:

I see Dez going somewhere on a cheap, 'get me a ring' deal. Although it looks like his immediate reaction was to reach out to the NFC East, to get revenge on the Cowboys. Either way, the chances of him being a Raven are pretty slim.

Except the Eagles and Giants don't have any money and it's been reported the Redskins aren't interested so he's going to have to play somewhere else. 

I think the teams we have to worry about most are the 49ers, Bears, Cardinals, Texans, and Vikings.

I honestly haven't paid much attention to Bryant. It always seems to be a lot of "me me me" surrounding him, and while it apparently is because of his passion to me, its a personality type that still bugs me.

Depending on what type of contract he want, he could still be a better addition than many other options.

4 hours ago, Danand said:

I honestly haven't paid much attention to Bryant. It always seems to be a lot of "me me me" surrounding him, and while it apparently is because of his passion to me, its a personality type that still bugs me.

Depending on what type of contract he want, he could still be a better addition than many other options.

Steve Smith had that same thing going for him Carolina, and look how well he fit in here.

5 hours ago, Danand said:

I never really had a problem with how he handled himself as he got older (perhaps some as a younger player, but give a rich kid from the hood that kind of money, there’s bound to be growing pains). The thing that I didn’t like was his scorned girlfriend approach to leaving Dallas, though I understand why.

Dallas said this wasn’t personal, that it’s business, but they waited to release him when his employment and money making opportunities were left to be few and far between. He could either accept a high offer from a terrible franchise situation such as Cleveland and Indy or lesser offers from the teams that might have offered him hefty contracts at the beginning of free agency.

Regardless of his maturity, having performed to a high level in the past, the franchise should’ve still given him a greater courtesy in how they handled him, that respect for veterans is something that trickles down to the players respecting management and coaching.

Instead they simply treated him like a practice squad player, that hasn’t made a name for himself in the league. I expect that if one day the Ravens ever got rid of Flacco, it would be done in a way that allowed him and his family the best situation to thrive. Regardless of how disappointed they were with the return that he gave them for his (at the time) record QB contract. That would be business and something to be understood.

So I’m just going to ignore what Dez Bryant is saying about Dallas right now. As clearly both the franchise and he are in the wrong. In a more respectful situation and locker room, like we have, I’d be willing to give him a chance at redemption. He will just have to wait on his revenge until another season.

9 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Doesn’t hurt that we have guys like Steve Smith and Weddle out there saying how much they love/d their time here. Assuming we’re in the running 

Yeah, especially when you get d’ed around by your former franchise, I’m sure once the hate fades, going to a “respected” as well as “respectful” organization will make a difference. It’s all about how creative they can be with the contract. I’m sure Bryant will at least want Crabtree type of money, if not more, so we’ll see how creative they can be with the cap to make this happen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926782/article/ravens-showing-most-interest-in-dez-bryant?campaign=Twitter_atn

"They signed Michael Crabtree earlier in the offseason," Rapoport explained on Monday's edition of NFL Total Access. "They still are looking to add a receiver. There is a lot to like about the Baltimore Ravens and Dez Bryant. Keep an eye on that one."

The Ravens aren't the only team showing interest in Bryant, however. The Bills have been interested from the beginning, per Rapoport, but it "just does not seem like that's going to happen."

The Saints are also a possibility, Rapoport added, but they don't figure to be as aggressive as Baltimore.

Okay then. This sounds like it might happen if Dez has any interest in Baltimore.

1 hour ago, coordinator0 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926782/article/ravens-showing-most-interest-in-dez-bryant?campaign=Twitter_atn

Okay then. This sounds like it might happen if Dez has any interest in Baltimore.

As @BareYourTeeth alluded to, they need to get Crabtree on the phone to work as a recruiter. Sell him the dream.? 

Give him the same deal we gave Crabtree and call it a day.

5 minutes ago, EastsideEZ said:

So hypothetically... if we get Dez... Do we still draft a receiver early??? I say yes... I don’t trust John brown Perriman or Moore... I’m sorry I just don’t 

Brown is on a 1-year deal so I wouldn't factor him into any draft decisions. And Moore is decent, but nothing real special. So yeah I think receiver would still be looked at early. Probably not in the first round, but I'm kind of thinking that the team wasn't leaning that way regardless.

Archived