Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 28

5 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Actually its a very likely scenario. Not to mention the buzz about LVE medical, not sure if anybody has any clarity on that.

Why exactly are we taking a developmental DE in the first ? Hell, his teammate is a better/bigger athlete in Holmes. Theres Chad Tomas, Dashawn Hand & Rasheem Greene that can sit & play a few snaps a game behind two starters that are signed and not going anywhere for the next 4-5 years. Is LeBeau coming back?

Supposedly medical is just a rumor but noone can confirm if its true or not.  That's why rumors are so dangerous because it puts out a thought which can alter these kids' draft stock.

FWIW here's the rumor:

But it appears the more concerning injury was actually a neck impingement Vander Esch suffered in September of that year in a game against Oregon State and initially was diagnosed as a concussion. We spoke with a source who had knowledge of Vander Esch's medical history who told us that the concussion diagnosis was found to be incorrect after Vander Esch told the school's medical staff he was not suffering any concussion-like symptoms but rather pain in his neck.

Upon further evaluation, Vander Esch was found to have suffered a stinger — an extremely common injury among linebackers especially — and began wearing a neckroll thereafter once he returned to the field. Vander Esch later visited with a chiropractor, who quickly adjusted him, relieved the pain from the pinched nerve and helped clear his path to return to the field.

The actual wording of the combine medical report we received indicated the pinched nerve in the cervical area, and we've never heard of a prospect being medically red-flagged for that. The report indicates no structural damage was found, nor was there any evidence that Vander Esch suffered a significant concussion or any further head trauma in that incident almost 18 months ago.

Same issue that Shazier dealt with for a while 2 years ago.

6 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Actually its a very likely scenario. Not to mention the buzz about LVE medical, not sure if anybody has any clarity on that.

Why exactly are we taking a developmental DE in the first ? Hell, his teammate is a better/bigger athlete in Holmes. Theres Chad Tomas, Dashawn Hand & Rasheem Greene that can sit & play a few snaps a game behind two starters that are signed and not going anywhere for the next 4-5 years. Is LeBeau coming back?

I think it could go either way with both Evans and LVE.  As I mentioned to @Armsteeld2 historically only a couple of ILBs go in the 1st round.  LVE medical seems like a non-issue but I've heard some teams might think he's not a 1st rounder.  Evans has the groin issues and that could potentially drop him.  (compounded by not running) But I definitely won't be shocked if it plays out like this.  

Problem is the ILB position is thin in this draft.  Especially if the Steelers are not looking for a Buck LB.  I think Evans is more likely to drop then LVE.  The teams in front of the Steelers that need a LB play a 4-3 and will look for Mack LB which is what the Steeler's want as well.  I am not counting on LVE being there.  Evans is 50-50

7 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Problem is the ILB position is thin in this draft.  Especially if the Steelers are not looking for a Buck LB.  I think Evans is more likely to drop then LVE.  The teams in front of the Steelers that need a LB play a 4-3 and will look for Mack LB which is what the Steeler's want as well.  I am not counting on LVE being there.  Evans is 50-50

I agree that Evans has the better shot of being there. I'd like to take Evans and a guy like Fred Warner or Dorian O'Daniel in the 3rd. That way we'll have adequate time to figure out what we're doing at ILB after VInce leaves. I think that allows us ample depth at the Mack position going forward, even without Shazier. Bucks are easy to find later, or we could phase the position out almost entirely. 

Josh Jackson would be the number one player on my board here. But I think I’ll go Ronnie Harrison here. He’s not overly flashy but gives me more upside than Reid. Good blitzer and not too shabby in coverage. 6’3” 218 and if he’s anywhere near Adrian Wilson the Steelers did very well for themselves  

Love Jessie Bates the more I watch him. Harrison Smith without the hitting ability. 

Then I’d look at Tim Settle, Arden Key, Jessie Bates, or JC Jackson RD2

7 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I agree that Evans has the better shot of being there. I'd like to take Evans and a guy like Fred Warner or Dorian O'Daniel in the 3rd. That way we'll have adequate time to figure out what we're doing at ILB after VInce leaves. I think that allows us ample depth at the Mack position going forward, even without Shazier. Bucks are easy to find later, or we could phase the position out almost entirely. 

Yeah I’m a big Fred Warner fan in the 3rd. I think he will be good.

On 2018-04-17 at 2:15 PM, Money said:

Hell I’d consider Anthony Miller RD2. He’s like an AB clone. Just gimme good players

Already have AB (non clone), Bryant,  JuJu as well Bell crying for passes. Did the NFL add another quarter to allow everyone to get enough passes to be happy?

Archived