Sadness Mock...NO trades

Fofsadness

Ok so first off I don't think there will be any trades down on our part, at least not out of the 4 pick like a lot of you on here think would be beneficial.  The trade partners are too far down to get the top talent coming out...we need serious blue chip playmakers and I don't see a lot of obvious ones outside the top ten.  Buffalo could want to trade up to 4 but we don't want to drop down to 12 and 22 to get it done sooo

Here's what I think will happen....

1. QB Josh Allen- Don't think he's the best option, but he's not the worst option either.  The front office seems to be leaning towards him, I wouldn't but I would eventually get behind this pick and trust the new guys in the organization.  He's definitely talented, big arm, athletic and can throw through the biting wind of Lake Erie.  

4.RB Saquan Barkley-  Not only do we get the best playmaker in the draft but maybe the best RB to come out of college in the past 10 years.  A lot of people on here don't want to use this high a pick on a RB and I kind of get it, but he's a once in a generation type of TD machine who is by all accounts a great locker room guy and will be a leader in the clubhouse for years to come.  I think this is the pick here ultimately and I am ALL for it.  

33. DT Maurice Hurst-  Need a replacement for Shelton in the Run defense and this guy was a beast at Michigan and will be an upgrade in my opinion over Shelton, who seemed to be one step slow in a lot of plays while at Cleveland.  Ever notice plays where Shelton would arrive late to the tackle and just kind of fall on top of the pile...yeah me too.  This is a good spot for Hurst and shores up the middle of our d-line.  

35. CB Isaiah Oliver-  Honestly don't know much about this guy other than reading a few of the posters pieces on him in here, and I know we need help in the secondary so I am slotting him here.  I would prefer Hughes or Alexander but I don't think they'll last this long.  I could see us trading up into the late first to get one of the top corners.  

64.  WR James Washington- Washington works here I think, because he has the potential to become a good number 2 to low end number one WR.  He has great speed and separation and sure hands to make a lot of big plays.  He is a decent route runner, but needs work on just perfecting the nuances of running a crisp route and consistently getting open on the intermediate throws.  With him and Gordon we have two great deep threats to take advantage of Allen's big arm and Landry and Barkley ruling the short patterns and check downs and creating big plays out of shorties.  Our offense could be top 5 for years to come with the firepower we brought in with Barkley and Washington.  

Rest of the picks I think just choose BPA with someone at LT, DE, MLB and maybe another O-line project.  

I would prefer Josh Rosen at Number one, I think he's a lot like Aaron Rodgers and Rodgers is the best in the game.  I wouldn't be upset with any of Darnold, Rosen, or Allen really as long as we get Barkley.  I want Saquon!  I really like DJ Moore from Maryland at 33 or 35 but don't think he lasts to us at 64.  I would go Billy Price and Moore at 33 and 35 if it were me making the call and they were available.  

Either way I'm just stoked for the Draft and really can't wait to see what happens!  OK I'm going to go watch Draftday now and make fun of Kevin Costner's horrible acting.  

Aside from hating the first pick (but there are many other threads for that discussion), I honestly really like the rest.  Might not be the way I would go after the Pass Rusher, RB, WR, and Corner but those are exactly the positions I would look to take.

I (unlike many on here) really like Maurice Hurst as a DT.  Similar to Ogbah, he can play all over the line when needed and they can do a lot of fun things with him as a inside pass rusher.

I can't complain with Barkley as he is one of the best players in the draft.  I wanna take a Corner at the top of the second and Oliver is one of the 6 corners I really like in this draft.  And if James Washington falls to us at 64 he would be a good deal and we need depth at WR.

Don't really want Allen, like I said but he's the guy that most of the media thinks the Browns FO wants at QB.  Hopefully it's all rumors and we take Darnold or Rosen instead, as I have them as 1 and 1a at QB, but if the rumors are true I'd have to find a way to like the pick and root for a lot of improvement and fine tuning in the year or two he sits behind Tyrod.  

Don’t really hate the first round. I love Hurst but the heart thing makes me worry. Rather have Taven Bryan. I also don’t like James Washington. 

The thing with Allen is if the coaches see him as being able to be fixed while Tyrod starts, I’d be okay with it. He’s not my first or second choice for QB but oh well. I’ve said this before but I’d be okay with any of the QBs it’s just not all are deserving of being picked at #1.

Accuracy cannot be taught in a QB. I cannot see drafting Allen with the #1 overall when there are arguably 3 better QBs (yes I'm including Mayfield in that list... ¬¬). Now Barkley at #4, yes you are correct. He is in some circles BPA. We could either go Chubb or Barkley there and I won't be mad. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

My God man.

Your logic for Allen is basically arm strength...That's it...

I'm sorry I couldn't read the rest. If you're an Allen guy, that's cool, but jeez man, how about one of the Josh Allen cliché's like "highest upside" or "accuracy doesn't matter." You justified Allen with the sole reason being arm strength.

I may come off as mean and angry, but it's only because I am masking the sadness this gives me on the inside.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

My God man.

Your logic for Allen is basically arm strength...That's it...

I'm sorry I couldn't read the rest. If you're an Allen guy, that's cool, but jeez man, how about one of the Josh Allen cliché's like "highest upside" or "accuracy doesn't matter." You justified Allen with the sole reason being arm strength.

I may come off as mean and angry, but it's only because I am masking the sadness this gives me on the inside.

If you would have read like more than the first five words of the very first sentence, you'd have noticed I said I don't want them to pick Allen, it just seems he's the FO's choice so far according to most media outlets and rumors from pretty much everywhere I've heard.  I will get behind it if he's the pick only if they also pair that with a Barkley pick at 4.  And yeah arm strength is one of the biggest positives he's got going for him, he also has improved his footwork...he works with the same QB guru that Darnold does.  I also said he's very athletic, which you failed to notice also.  My God man.B|Read a full post before you have a coronary.  Im not an Allen guy, but if he's the pick what choice do you have but to talk yourself into it.  

3 hours ago, Fofsadness said:

Useful.

If you wish...

6 hours ago, Fofsadness said:

Here's what I think will happen....

1. QB Josh Allen- Don't think he's the best option, but he's not the worst option either.  The front office seems to be leaning towards him,

Based on what?? Talking heads on ESPN or Grossi?  And you still want me to take this whole thing seriously and respond with more than a gif?  Christ...

I wouldn't but I would eventually get behind this pick and trust the new guys in the organization.  He's definitely talented, big arm, athletic and can throw through the biting wind of Lake Erie.  

Cool. 

4.RB Saquan Barkley-  Not only do we get the best playmaker in the draft but maybe the best RB to come out of college in the past 10 years.  A lot of people on here don't want to use this high a pick on a RB and I kind of get it, but he's a once in a generation type of TD machine who is by all accounts a great locker room guy and will be a leader in the clubhouse for years to come.  I think this is the pick here ultimately and I am ALL for it.  

I’ve made 200 posts at least about why I think drafting a running back in the top 5 is stupid, and I don’t feel like doing it again, so I’ll just say it’s a waste of a premium asset and you’ve gone well past the point of diminishing returns.

33. DT Maurice Hurst-  Need a replacement for Shelton in the Run defense and this guy was a beast at Michigan and will be an upgrade in my opinion over Shelton, who seemed to be one step slow in a lot of plays while at Cleveland.  Ever notice plays where Shelton would arrive late to the tackle and just kind of fall on top of the pile...yeah me too.  This is a good spot for Hurst and shores up the middle of our d-line.  

Fine.  

35. CB Isaiah Oliver-  Honestly don't know much about this guy other than reading a few of the posters pieces on him in here,

Dafuq?  What type of feedback do you want about a pick you admittedly know nothing about?  Are we then going to discuss it?

Our offense could be top 5 for years to come with the firepower we brought in with Barkley and Washington.  

With Josh Allen at QB?  Color me skeptical.

Rest of the picks I think just choose BPA with someone at LT, DE, MLB and maybe another O-line project.  

Sounds good.

I would prefer Josh Rosen at Number one, I think he's a lot like Aaron Rodgers and Rodgers is the best in the game.

Like Aaron Rodgers how?  Rosen is a statue and Rodges is athletic as hell.

I wouldn't be upset with any of Darnold, Rosen, or Allen really as long as we get Barkley.  I want Saquon!

Interesting.  The QB is irrelevant as long a story we get a RB. I remember this same conversation from 1992.

I really like DJ Moore from Maryland at 33 or 35 but don't think he lasts to us at 64.

Moore would be a good pick.

I would go Billy Price and Moore at 33 and 35 if it were me making the call and they were available.  

Depends who else is there, but perhaps.

Either way I'm just stoked for the Draft and really can't wait to see what happens!  OK I'm going to go watch Draftday now and make fun of Kevin Costner's horrible acting.  

You’re just lucky Kevin Costner doesn’t know about this mock or the insults would be flying both ways.

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

He just likes to pick fights. Let him have his fun.

You’re so adorable.

Archived