Who the heck are you!? (Introduction Thread)

RaidersAreOne

Welcome to the brand spanking new forum fellas!

It's no doubt we were one of the more active fan bases on the previous forum. Tons of members came and went, but we still all managed to rep the Raiders hard (sometimes too much ;)). I think it would be a great idea to get to know one another a bit better. New and old posters!

I'm stealing a blank questionnaire from a rival forum (some stinky animal fan base). I encourage everyone to jump in and fill in as much as you feel comfortable with!

About Yourself
Name: 
Favorites

Sport teams other then the obvious: 

• NHL: 
  • MLB: 
  • NBA:
  • College Football: 
  • College Basketball: 
  • Soccer:

Past Raiders: 

Current Raiders: 

Favorite Raider Moment: 

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:

Movies:

Tv Shows: 

Actors/Actresses:

Music: 

Foods: 

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): 

What Made You a Raiders Fan:

Favorite part of 2017, so far: 

About Yourself

Favorites

• NHL: Calgary Flames
  • MLB: Not a major baseball fan, but I have to support Canada's team in the Blue Jays
  • NBA: Once again Canada's team in the Raptors, but I also enjoy Golden State due to them being from Oakland (liked them before they got insane OKAY?)

Past Raiders: Kirk Morrison and Scrabble were a couple of my favs

Current Raiders: Cooper is probably my favorite current Raider, but I also closely follow Carr, Mack and Joseph. I think Vanderdoes will be a top guy soon too

Movies: Almost any action, comedy or horror/thriller move. Some favs would be Old School, Con Air (lol), Behind Enemy Lines, Super Troopers, etc

Tv Shows: Breaking Bad, BMS

Actors/Actresses: Will Farrell is my dude. Also a major fan of Leo. Elisha Cuthbert has always been my celeb crush

Music: Anything but country and classical. Fav would most likely be rock

Foods: Spice! Mexican, italian, sushi, bbq, whatever. Not a picky eater whatsoever

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Going to the gym, partying (a bit too much probably), gaming a bit, and overall spending time with friends/family

What Made You a Raiders Fan: So tough to remember. I had a friend who had a Moss jersey way back in the day and I think I loved the colors and logo. I started following them more closely over the years to the point I was obsessed in middle school.

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Getting a new car

NCAA:  UTAH UTES

NBA:  Utah Jazz

PGA:  Spieth, Day, Westwood, Finau

NHL/MLB/NASCAR:  DONT CARE AT ALL

Past Raider Favorites:  Bo Jackson (easily #1), Howie Long, Charles Woodson, Tim Brown, many others

Favorite Current Raider:  Khalil Mack

TV Shows:  Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Fargo, South Park, Lost

Movies:  SuperBad, Anchorman, Night at the Roxbury, I love you Man, 

Actors:  Jason Bateman, Will Ferrell, Bill Hader

Music:  Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, NIrvana, Foo Fighters, Les Mis, 90s hits, Tom Petty, NIN, Korn, Tool, Lots more of everything but country, opera

Food:  I love any good food (Korean, Sushi, Mexican, American, Indian etc)

Free Time: GOLF (I love to golf), Basketball, Hang out with my Kids, Travel

Best of 2017:  Oregon Coast trip (last year I went up the whole coast, this time beach house)

What made me a Raider Fan:  Watching Bo Jackson/Marcus Allen as a kid.  Then travelling to games in high school with my dad(1 in Oakland 2 in Denver).  

Favorites

• NHL: LA Kings
  • MLB: Dodgers
  • NBA: Warriors
  • College Football: ASU
  • College Basketball: No favorite team just enjoy watching
  • Soccer: N/A

Past Raiders: Rich Gannon, Charlie Gardner, Tim Brown, Charles Woodson.

Current Raiders: Derek Carr and Khalil Mack

Favorite Raider Moment: 2002 AFC Championship game against the Titans/Watching the Raiders clinch a playoff spot against the Chargers

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:

Movies: Two for the money, Heat anything with Comedy. 

Tv Shows: Game of Thrones, Power, Hell's Kitchen and This is Us.

Music: Hip Hop R&B Rap.

Foods: Wings, Pizza, Tacos, 

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Enjoy spending time with my son. Playing golf or going to the driving range. going to the movies.

What Made You a Raiders Fan: Grew up in this with my Dad and never looked back.

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Welcoming my first child(son) to this world and being able to see him grow a little and watch him smile. 

On 8/8/2017 at 1:26 AM, RaidersAreOne said:

About Yourself

Name: Navid

Favorites

• NHL: Don't watch it.
  • MLB: Will never get into it.
  • NBA: Only watch a few games from the Playoffs and that's it. Of course the Warriors for the simple fact... The O!

Past Raiders: Nnamdi Asomugha

Current Raiders: Khalil Mack

Movies: American Gangster, Inception, Dark Knight and Man of Steel are the first ones that come to mind. Definitely more, though.

Tv Shows: Breaking Bad, Fresh Prince, My Wife and Kids, Viva La Bam, Sopranos and, of course, GOT.

Actors/Actresses: Leonardo DiCaprio. With actresses, as long as they're fine, they're my favourite.

Music: Hip. Hop... plus anything with a great beat.

Foods: *Bias alert* Iranian/Afghan food. Nigerian, Caribbean and anything else that is spicy.

Things to do in Free Time: Gym rat, learning new things everyday. Make the other half and family happy. Make friends laugh.

What Made You a Raiders Fan: Older brother had a Raiders jacket in the early 90s and I saw it whilst going through family photos. Found out through a friend that NFL showed on Sky Sports (sports channel in the UK and other parts of Europe). Fell in love with the sport after watching The Waterboy, whilst adding to the fact that Little Giants was my favourite childhood film... So, when I started watching the highlights of the NFL I saw the Raider logo without having a damn clue about rules or records and stuck with the team ever since. Love for the team grew bigger and bigger over the years to the point where Sundays from September to February are out of limits for any kind of plans. I went to Oakland for the first two home games of the 2015 season and it was the best experience of my life!

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Buying my brothers share of our house... And of course, Donald Trump imposing limitations for any Iranian coming to America. Regardless of Nationality. Fun times.

About Yourself
Name: D

Favorites

• NHL: nope
  • MLB: no
  • NBA:nada
  • College Football: Clemson
  • College Basketball: Clemson
  • Soccer:nooooo

Past Raiders: Bo, Howie, Nnam, Atkinson, An early, Brown( Willy and Tim) Snake, Otto man all of them I guess!

Current Raiders: Mack, Carr, Coop really starting to like Kojo

Favorite Raider Moment: Special Teams Pigeon

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Roy Jones Jr, Klitchko,  Connor Mc Greggor

Movies: Tombstone

Tv Shows:  Breaking Bad, GOT, 

Actors/Actresses: Jessica Biel, Jessica Alba, Scarlett Jo

Music: I like all kinds of music. From Country to r&b to hip hop to rock.

Foods: Steak, Sushi, Italian, Mexican, Japanese

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Mostly Play with my kids. Play poker(mostly hold em)

What Made You a Raiders Fan: I was a kid and saw the hit man lay a dude out on tv. I've been a swashbuckler ever since!

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  THE WAIT IS OVER!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, RaidersAreOne said:
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 11:55 PM, BigD1123 said:

About Yourself
Name: Robert

Favorites

• NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
  • MLB: Boston Red Sox
  • NBA: N/A
  • College Football: Notre Dame
  • College Basketball: Maryland
  • Soccer: N/A

Past Raiders: Bo, Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, Howie

Current Raiders: Mack, Carr, Cooper

Favorite Raider Moment: Monday Night Denver 2001

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Mario Lemieux, Jason Varitek, David Ortiz, Earnhardt (Sr & Jr)

Movies: Action 80's-90's

Tv Shows: The wife watches TV when the game isn't on  

Actors/Actresses: I like characters not the actors.

Music: A little bit of everything

Foods: Meat and Potatoes

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Hunting, Fishing, Shooting Sports, Camping

What Made You a Raiders Fan: Besides Hockey I follow the teams that my Dad and Granddad were fans of, Dad is a Die-Hard Raider

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  Carr back on the field.

Favorites

• NHL: Chicago Blackhawks
  • MLB: Chicago Cubs
  • College Football: Central Michigan Chippewas
  • College Basketball: CMU

Past Raiders: Nnamdi, Gannon, Brown, Woodson

Current Raiders: Mack, Jano

Favorite Raider Moment: I remember the 04 Snow Game in Denver really well, even though I was pretty young.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Kris Bryant, Patrick Kane

Actors/Actresses: Tom Cruise

Music: Stone Temple Pilots

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Hit the gym. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, agarcia34 said:

Favorites

Sport teams other than the obvious:  None.

Past Raiders: Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen, Gene Upshaw.  I'm literally a fan of every great Raiders player honestly.

Current Raiders: The offense, K. Mack and B. Irvin.

Favorite Raider Moment: Going to the Raiders game and watching K. Collins hook up with R. Moss for a sweet touchdown.  L. Jordan at RB had over 100 yards and 3 touchdowns that day.  D. Burgess and W. Sapp combined for 3 sacks.  It was October 23rd, 2005.  I had seats at the 50 yard line, second row from the front.  It was incredible.  The game was 4 days after my birthday.  First game I ever saw in person.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes:  Female tennis players, female golf players, female gymnasts, females that run track, seriously though I don't really care for other sports and I don't really like sports stars.

Movies: Law Abiding Citizen, Lucky Number Slevin, Gladiator, Fight Club, The Other Guys, Hot Rod.

TV Shows: Game of Thrones, The Defenders, Luke Cage, Vikings, Family Guy, SpongeBob. 

Music: Everything worth listening too.

Foods: Pizza and cheeseburgers with bacon.  Bacon.

Things I do in my free time:  Play Madden, watch Berserk, read manga, watch Raiders games, take my wife on dates.

What Made You a Raiders Fan:  My dad was a Raiders fan so I just followed along.  Now I'm a diehard fan.

Favorite part of 2017, so far:  M. Lynch joining the Raiders.  My son earning his wolf patch.  My daughter learning to walk.  My older daughter starting her first year of school.  Going to Disney World.

About Yourself
Name: Justin

Favorites

• NHL: penguins
  • MLB: pirates
  • NBA: magic
  • College Football: WVU
  • College Basketball: eh..
  • Soccer: eh..

Past Raiders: Bo, Howie, Nnamdi, Shell, Upshaw.

Current Raiders: Mack, Carr, Cooper

Favorite Raider Moment: Making there playoffs last year

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Cal Ripkin Jr, Jordan, Jeter, Ken Griffey Jr.

Movies: anything funny

Tv Shows:  walking dead, pro wrestling

Actors/Actresses: 

Music: country/rock

Foods: anything off the grill

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Hunting, fishing, camping, traveling.

What Made You a Raiders Fan:

The mystique.

Favorite part of 2017, so far: 

Getting Conley in the draft.  

,About Myself
Name: Tony

Favorites

• NHL: Anaheim Mighty Ducks
  • MLB: California Angels
  • NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
  • College Football: Montana Grizzlies
  • College Basketball: CSU Fullerton
  • Soccer: Liverpool

Past Raiders: Bo Jackson, Marcus Allen, Howie Long, Lester Hayes, Todd Christensen...(List goes on forever)

Current Raiders: Derek Carr, Khalil Mack (Keepin' it simple for now)

Favorite Raider Moment: Anytime we beat the Donkeys, Chiefs, Patriots, Steelers in that order

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Any athlete that realizes, how privileged he is to get paid exorbitant amounts of money for playing a game and is grateful to this great country for giving him/her that opportunity (includes football players! Sorry!)

Movies: Westerns, Legal/Murder Mystery Thrillers, Historical epics

Tv Shows: Haven't had time to really get into anything

Actors/Actresses: Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Bruce Lee, Charles Bronson... (Hollywood sucks these days!)

Music: Outlaw Country

Foods: Sri-Lankan, Thai, Pizza and a good ol' steak and the fixings!

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Golf and Riding Horses

What Made You a Raiders Fan: Moved to the US in '83 had to learn about American sports (grew up playing rugby, cricket and soccer), had to pick a team. Loved the Raider colors, image and history!

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Direction the team is headed (not sold on defensive coaching staff though...)

Name: Craig

Favorites

• NHL: None
  • MLB: Reds
  • NBA: Spurs
  • College Football: Virginia Tech
  • College Basketball: Radford/VA Tech
  • Soccer: USA

Past Raiders: Bo Jackson, Tim Brown, Garner, Gannon, Greg Townsend, Nnamdi, Marcel Reece

Current Raiders: Mack, MEJ, Carrmari, Richard

Favorite Raider Moment: Went to the 2011 Monday Night opener in Denver. Seabass tied the record for longest FG. Awesome.

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Joey Votto, Kawhi Leonard, Nate Sexton

Movies: There Will Be Blood, Kurosawa, Bunuel, Lynch

Tv Shows: Twin Peaks, Fargo, Mr. Robot, Westworld

Actors/Actresses:

Music: Psych, Jazz, Mulatu Astatke

Foods: Thai, Indian, Ethiopian

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Read, Disc Golf, radio programming

What Made You a Raiders Fan: Bo Freaking Jackson

Favorite part of 2017, so far: A renewed interest in the positive and healthy aspects of life.

Not usually much into self disclosure but here goes:

About Yourself

Favorites

• NHL: not really into hockey, but went to a couple of Predator games
  • MLB: same, but am partial to A's
  • NBA: Golden State

Past Raiders: Brown, Shaw, Upshaw, Long, Otto, Tatum, Haynes... tough to pick a couple. Though one of my all time favorites rarely make anyones list,  John Ritchie.  Considering having his jersey made (never seen it for purchase).

Current Raiders: Osemele, dude is simply a BAMF.

Movies:  Super Troopers, Gladiator, Braveheart, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda (don't judge me, I have kids)

Tv Shows: Game of Thrones, The League, Band of Brothers

Actors/Actresses: ehh... don't really have favorites, though Scarlet Johansson is my celeb crush

Music: Country and Classic rock are my usual go-tos 

Foods: I love all types of food

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): travel and spending time with the family

What Made You a Raiders Fan: Family was all 49er fans growing up.  I have always been the black sheep

Favorite part of 2017, so far: moving to Korea (remember I love traveling)

About Yourself
Name: Cameron. I was riceraider8080 on the old FF

Favorites

• NHL: don't care
  • MLB: don't care
  • NBA: Milwaukee Bucks
  • College Football: Montana Griz and LSU Tigers
  • College Basketball: Syracuse
  • Soccer: don't care

Past Raiders: Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, Howie Long, Steve Wisniewski,  The Kaufman/Wheatley tandem, Shane Lechler, Ray Guy, Sebastian Janikowski, Greg Beikert, Jon Ritchie, Marcel Reece, Lincoln Kennedy...honestly too many to list...

Current Raiders: Khalil Mack, Derek Carr, Amari Cooper, Marquette King, Gabe Jackson

Favorite Raider Moment: Hanson's 21 straight completion torching of Denver on MNF

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Giannis Antekoumpo, Terence Crawford, Triple G, Roberto Duran, Rocky Marciano (I LOVE boxing)

Movies: All Star Wars, Alpha Dog, 

Tv Shows: The Strain, Archer, Metalocalypse, Star Trek: TNG

Video Games: Every Kingdom Hearts, Watchdogs 1 & 2, Parasite Eve, The Evil Within, Madden, The original 5 Megaman, Command & Conquer

Actors/Actresses: Chris Evans, Ben Foster, Mark Wahlberg, vintage JCVD, ScarJo

Music: Pretty much all metal but some old school rap. Top 5 would be Megadeth, Sylosis, Into Eternity, Trivium, Andre Nickatina

Foods: Ice Cream, Mexican, and Seafood

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Playing my drums and jam sessions, spending time with my daughters, concerts, working on my car, and hanging out and playing with my degus

What Made You a Raiders Fan: Always liked the Raiders and in particular Al's infectious love for football. But 49ers were my team cuz of my love for Jerry Rice. Then the 49ers did the unthinkable of trading Rice. Then they did Garrison Hearst(my 2nd favorite 49er ever) horribly wrong and i grew to hate how they treated their most loyal players as an organization. Plus i liked Oakland cuz my whole family is pretty much Chief fans lol. Been diehard Raider for 15 years now.

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Seeing Slayer and Lamb of God live

About Yourself
Name: Jared M.
Occupation: Part-time employment (Sales, etc, for Environment Control), part-time college student

Favorites

Sport teams other than the obvious: 

• NHL: San Jose Sharks
  • MLB: Don't follow baseball
  • NBA: Sacramento Kings
  • College Football: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  • College Basketball: Notre Dame Fighting Irish
  • Soccer: Don't watch/nominal supporter of Team USA
  • Professional boxing is actually my favorite sport over all others (including football -- sorry, guys...)

Past Raiders: #81 Tim Brown, Jared Veldheer, Brandon Myers

Current Raiders: Derek Carr, Jared Cook

Favorite Raider Moment: Watching Rod Woodson take an INT to the house against Denver, and Charles Woodson's last home game with the Silver-N-Black. HONORABLE MENTION: Seeing Big Palooka slap down naysayers/pessimists/insane-optimists/etc with real knowledge. ;)

Favorite Non-Football Athletes: Manny Pacquiao

Movies: Braveheart, Big Wednesday, Chariots Of Fire, The Legend of Bagger Vance, Remember The Titans, Gettysburg, Rudy, 

TV Shows: Revolution, Continuum, Person Of Interest, Marvel's Agents Of Shield, Arrow/The Flash/Supergirl/Legends Of Tomorrow, Lights Out, The 100, TURN: Washington's Spies, The Fall, The Man In The High Castle

Actors/Actresses: Denzel Washington and Mel Gibson

Music: Folk music (Celtic folk, folk-rock, indie/acoustic folk, traditional folk, psychedelic folk, folk-jazz, folk-pop, folk metal, folk-punk, neo-folk, anti-folk,), bluegrass, gospel (urban, traditional, and Southern)

Foods: Can't go wrong with Mexican or Italian

Things to do in Free Time (Please abide by Forum Rules for this one!): Play music (I'm the lead singer/rhythm guitarist in a local Celtic folk quartet, and I also play Scottish pipes), watch sports (preferably boxing), play football with my guys on Saturday/Sunday afternoons, and read alternate history books

What Made You a Raiders Fan: My parents taught me right from wrong. B|

Favorite part of 2017, so far: Knowing that (barring something horrific), I'll be graduating from college at the end of December with a History Major and a Political Science Minor

Archived