Shaquem Griffin?

Fofsadness

How many of you would be alright with us drafting Griffin with like our fourth round pick?  I think he fits our style of defense perfectly with his speed and rushing ability.  And we need to add another OLB who can rush the passer and just creat havoc for the opposing QB.  He's a surprisingly good tackler considering his limitations.  The guy has one hand and would still be an upgrade over a few of our rush backers.  

15 minutes ago, Fofsadness said:

How many of you would be alright with us drafting Griffin with like our fourth round pick?  I think he fits our style of defense perfectly with his speed and rushing ability.  And we need to add another OLB who can rush the passer and just creat havoc for the opposing QB.  He's a surprisingly good tackler considering his limitations.  The guy has one hand and would still be an upgrade over a few of our rush backers.  

I would love to have him on our team!  He played at at incredibly high level with one hand, and I think a 4th round pick is well worth the risk for a possible starting LB

I would love it.

He’s a good player. Supremely athletic and clearly must have a special level of determination and commitment given what he has achieved with only one hand.

I think he has the potential to be gold for a team, both on and off field. And just a real fan favourite.

Yeah, the 4th is an easy yes. But he will be gone long before then (he doesn't get that draft invite if they don't think he's at least going day 2.

The better question is would you take him with our last 2nd round pick? I would strongly consider it. I mean, think about the culture shift that guy brings. You think other guys aren't going to see the way he works his butt off and be challenged to match his level? He's not a need at all, which is the only thing that makes me hesitate. But I think he's athletic enough to function in that hybrid LB, SS, slot defender role, so that's slightly less of a concern.

8 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, the 4th is an easy yes. But he will be gone long before then (he doesn't get that draft invite if they don't think he's at least going day 2.

The better question is would you take him with our last 2nd round pick? I would strongly consider it. I mean, think about the culture shift that guy brings. You think other guys aren't going to see the way he works his butt off and be challenged to match his level? He's not a need at all, which is the only thing that makes me hesitate. But I think he's athletic enough to function in that hybrid LB, SS, slot defender role, so that's slightly less of a concern.

Yes, easily again.

Other than a hand what does he lack?  He’s plenty big enough, has elite speed, instincts and tape.

He’s going to play a long time in the league imo.

An inch of height means the end for the quarterback with the TWO highest rated seasons in college football history while our number one need is passer, but a linebacker with no hand for tackling..."Eh, he's a great story, though, so let's spend pick 64 when his position isn't even a need. He's a fighter and will succeed."

#funtayne

*goes back to talking about Jeff Garcia's hot wife.*

I wouldn’t take him in the 2nd, but I’d consider trading back up into the third to get him. Or trading out of 64 and picking up multiple picks like a third and a fourth, pick him in the 3rd and take a OT in the fourth like Jamarco Jones from The Ohio State university. 

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

An inch of height means the end for the quarterback with the TWO highest rated seasons in college football history while our number one need is passer, but a linebacker with no hand for tackling..."Eh, he's a great story, though, so let's spend pick 64 when his position isn't even a need. He's a fighter and will succeed."

#funtayne

*goes back to talking about Jeff Garcia's hot wife.*

The "need" part is the reason I would consider not taking him in said hypothetical.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This fixation with “need”...smh...  You sign free agents to fill needs, you draft for talent.

What we need are good players, regardless of position.

If Griffin is the highest rated player on the board, take him.  

Yeah, I love the story but don't see how he could possibly be BPA at 64. 

#funtayne

Archived