Shaquem Griffin?

Fofsadness

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What separates him from a guy Hassan Reddick or Deone Buchanan aside from the hand?

Or should I say, what separates them from him?

That's a weird question man because having one hand is a pretty major disadvantage.  Big ups to him tho.

4th round pick? Absolutely. We absolutely need linebacker and DE depth. Griffin can play MLB, WLB, SLB, and weak side RDE. Hell to the yes. He's a perfect fit for our defense. I wouldn't pull the trigger this early, but I'd be ok with him going at the back end of R2 to us because he's such a great fit.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Didn’t seem to bother him much last year in college.

Dude made all kinds of plays.

He lost his hand at a very early age so he simply learned how to work around it - would be a different story if he lost it much later.  So to me, a WLB with good instincts and 4.3 speed?  YUP  And a definite fan favorite for sure.  

I think the mid-3rd is a perfect range for him to go. I think teams are not willing to take the gamble with his hand in the first 2 rounds but as soon as that 3rd round opens up it will be fair game.

Teams are still businesses and to spend a 2nd rounder on a guy with a legit disadvantage I think would be risky. But Middle 3rd seems like a perfect spot considering he is a really good player.

If we could get him, sit a year and then move on from Collins in a year or two. Collins has a big contract and we may need cap room soon. 

we would need someone to Strong side though and he gets pushed off the line pretty easily. I don't think Kirksey is that guy. 

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This fixation with “need”...smh...  You sign free agents to fill needs, you draft for talent.

What we need are good players, regardless of position.

If Griffin is the highest rated player on the board, take him.  

This.  Absolutely this.  Every time.

Archived