Draft Questions

Rgossett07

IF the Broncos draft a QB at #5 and Miami does not acquire a QB on Day 1 or 2, would you trade a 5th or 6th round pick for Paxton Lynch?

IF Baker Mayfield Roquon Smith and Vita Vea is there at 11 and Arizona offers two firsts to move back would you make the trade?

IF the LBs and QBs are gone at 11 and Saquon Barkey is there at 11, do you take him? 

Would you trade two firsts to move up to 6 to grab Josh Rosen?

5 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

IF the Broncos draft a QB at #5 and Miami does not acquire a QB on Day 1 or 2, would you trade a 5th or 6th round pick for Paxton Lynch?

No. You're sending a draft pick for a QB who is under contract for two more years, and it's a 2nd-round level deal.

I'd rather draft a QB on day three, and have him for cheaper and longer.

7 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

IF Baker Mayfield Roquon Smith and Vita Vea is there at 11 and Arizona offers two firsts to move back would you make the trade?

I draft Smith

8 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

IF the LBs and QBs are gone at 11 and Saquon Barkey is there at 11, do you take him? 

Yes and then I pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming

8 minutes ago, Rgossett07 said:

I would not but it's tempting

Actually Paxton Lynch is 2 years plus an option for a 3rd.  I would absolutely give up a 6th for him. He hasn’t had anyone to develop him. Gives you two cheap years to see what you have and if you like it, you give him the option year. 

I would make the trade with AZ. I love Smith but AZ isn’t going to be any good this year in a really tough divisions. Possibly 2 top 15 pick in 2019 sounds great for a team that needs youth. Plus you can still get Vander Esch or Evans at 15. 

I wiuld be be very disappointed if we took Barkley. He is going to be amazing but Drake showed last year he can be the guy. 

I would not trade race up for anyone in any situation. You only mortgage future drafts when you are a piece or two away from Super Bow contention. Miami isn’t in the place. 

Which is cheap. 3 years of control. Gase can tutor him. No pressure. Fresh start. Looooow risk play for Miami. 

Not saying I’m this huge Lynch fan. But if you can get him in the building for next to nothing (5th-6th round picks are a crap shoot to make the team) I think it’s a no brainer. 

1.  Nope.  Lynch couldn’t beat out Osweiler and we have Osweiler on the roster.

2.  Yep.  We would get an extra 1st rounder to move down 3 or 4 spots......easy decision.

3.  Yes, but not if Quentin Nelson is still available.

4.  Yes, but it’s a tough call.  We swap firsts and send our 2019 first.  I say yes because I don’t see our QB for 2020 on our current roster.  Tannehill played great in his first year under Gase, but he comes with a high salary over the next 2-3 years.  If we can get a QB that we feel can be better than Tannehill in 1-2 seasons then we need to move on it.  Even though this costs us a first rounder in 2019 it frees up a ton of cap which could allow us to upgrade another position through free agency, so if done correctly we still get 2 upgrades on the roster.

IMO Rosen is the most NFL ready QB in this draft.

1 hour ago, Rgossett07 said:

1.  I'd do a 6th rounder for Lynch.  Osweiler is terrible.  Lynch hasn't flashed much of anything yet, but at least he has some tools to potentially work with.

2.  Without a doubt I do that deal.

3.  In a heartbeat.  I've already stated that Barkley is the most complete RB prospect we've seen in years.  

4.  This is a tough one for me.  I would probably fall on the side of "no", if only because I would tend to be conservative with future 1st round picks.  

Archived