What's your emotional draft approach

MWil23

I think that, to sum things up, all of our posts during draft season have different vibes to them. I'll do my best to approach them all below:

The optimist: Confident, trusting the new regime, not even the Browns can blow it guy. This guy is confident and then will automatically back whomever we draft and give him a chance, as well as the rest of the Front Office

tumblr_o2xqazGbg81td52ovo1_500.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=7319887

The pessimist: Goes into the draft with "we're going to blow it" expectations so that the pain will hurt less when we draft a guy that he hates/will assuredly be a bust. They then proceed to bash said guy and say "I hope he proves me wrong" for the next year or three until he flames out, only to say "I told you so" in the end.

1YcssW.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-30529-1382555327-12

The anxious and unsure: This guy has no clue what we're going to do and emotionally reacts to what we do based upon what he hopes happened. If he doesn't get his way, he freaks out. He threatens to leave his fandom behind, etc. If he gets his way, he posts victory lap/self congratulatory threads and then shamelessly backs his guy no matter what.

kjhf.gif

giphy.gif

I've been in a grouchy mood before the draft even starts every year since they changed the formatting. A good solid size group of our friends used to always cook out and play baseball/football. It always seemed to be the first true sign of good weather. A few of us still get together every year but now we order wings and pizza from a place called Baker's(could it mean something this year?) but its not the same. Obviously we are old now and would't be playing pickup baseball or football but we could still enjoy the outdoors and bbq and hang out for the weekend. Now they don't get the ball rolling until well after 8 and by the time the 1st round is over it is nearly 1am and everyone is too tired to even really care.

So even if the Browns make all the correct picks in my mind and I am going to openly gripe about something next Thursday Night and curse the NFL for destroying a great tradition.

if we draft josh allen im gonna feel just like we felt when we drafted brandon weeden - i dont htink i have to describe this feeling
if we draft sam darnold im gonna feel like just a solid 8.  this dude seemingly is the safest option and still has a pretty high ceiling.  sometime you gotta make the boring move.
if we draft josh rosen i'll prob feel a little more excited because it will be exciting to do something different than people thought.  I'll feel like will ferrell at the beginning of N* in paris by kanye and jay z
see above for baker mayfield

I’m the realest 

we are going to take Sam Darnold

John Dorsey is a scout first and foremost from the GB tree he’s not going to overthink this

he has a reputation to uphold

your not going to pass on Darnold if you’ve got a reputation to uphold 

Hue Jackson former coach at USC and Southern California native

hes not going to go back home and say he passed on the prized rose bowl prince that is Sam Darnold

Alonzo Highsmith and Elliot Wolf did not come from championship team GB to pass on the best QB in the draft 

Biggest question is at 4 to trade down or not to trade down 

that is the question 

Archived