The Draft and the Offensive Line

cannondale

17 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Worth pointing out that the O linemen in for visits are late round types wih some athleticism.

Kolton Miller and Connor Williams both visited. I honestly would be PO with these guys in the 1st.

Interesting, didn't know Williams had come in.

Miller looks like a possible round 2, 'surprisingly-drops-to-the-pack' prospect - they are doing due diligence, just in case. It could also be that they are looking at potential targets if they trade back in round one.
The same might be said of Williams, though if his injury (knee) checks out, it isn't impossible he is a surprise pick at #14. I do like Williams ability, though this isn't the position I wanted choosing in the first round.

It's very safe to say that New England will take the best T on the board in the first. That said, the next question is who and then who may drop to the second if we went that route.

However, our OL may be in better condition than we think. Also, do bear in mind that Bakh was a 4th and Taylor was UDFA; we could be better off waiting until the mid-rounds to find a hidden gem.

I expect one OL in the "automatic" rounds; if there's a second, it would be in the "practice squad" rounds.  (I'd view through pick 5.1 at least as being "automatics".  

Probably too many other acute needs to pick an OL in rounds 1-3.   I expect one of the 4th-rounders or 5.1 to be OL.  

Archived