FF Eagles Forum Hall of Fame - New class, vote NOW!

Phire

On 8/14/2017 at 1:18 PM, Kiltman said:

I think something like you send in a 

Ballot, #1 gets 3 points, #2 gets 2 and #3 get 1...the top three vote getters get in, but we also have a threshold that people must pass to get in...so it's a max of three not definitely 3 people

It was the opposite. Send in your top 2 "In Order" you deemed deserving. Add the numbers. Posters with the most Votes, make it.

The tie breaker for the #2/3 spot if there is a Tie was the poster with more 1st place votes, still tied- then 2nd place votes, somehow get to 3rd place, still tied-both get in.

Minimum of 4 votes needed for "possible" entry/consideration.

Rules for the 2014 Ballots I used. Up to ya?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post

Alright guys slight change in plans. Please follow the directions already listed on the front page. Everyone not already a HOF please send in your top two choices in order for the HOF. Top vote getter gets automatic entry. The 2nd place vote getter ( IF Overwhelming) will then be placed among the top 2 Old school posters so we as a committee can debate. 

I am asking all current HOF though to send me a list of their top 4 in order. Two current (any join date) and two old school (09' join date or older). If that ends up being the same type of members in your mind so be it but please send me 4 names. Old school does not mean "No longer on this site" but a poster with at least 5 yrs worth of tenure on this site. "IF" all 4 of your choices are still active members, so be it. This way no one is influenced by others. 

As of now there will be at least 
Arrow One current member inducted 
Arrow One Old school member (09' or earlier) active or not inducted. With a potential maximum 3rd member being inducted if the committee sees fit to Grandfather in a member no longer with this site or either of the New/Old school top vote getters. Minimum of two if Warranted, Maximum of 3 if needed. 

Thanks

That seems better. I always wondered how random/chaotic the voting was for these things, I feel like I always make big pushes for older guys that may not be remembered as much (Like BatCountry and Steegles pats self on back) because I feel like those guys get lost in the shuffle to newer members that may not know who they are. That said I feel like the votes for current members is probably across the board because there are so many good posters.

I always thought we should do it like the real HoFs do it. After so many years from joining you are eligible. Then you need to get enough votes (or percentage of votes to negate a low number of voters) to get in. Agree upon a year. Say 5 or so and then that class becomes eligible. So this year all of the 2011 class is now eligible. I think that would mitigate the multitude of voting options and also reward guys for sticking around. And of course the HoF panel should have some more sway in the voting. Have the HoF guys votes count as double or something. 

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I always thought we should do it like the real HoFs do it. After so many years from joining you are eligible. Then you need to get enough votes (or percentage of votes to negate a low number of voters) to get in. Agree upon a year. Say 5 or so and then that class becomes eligible. So this year all of the 2011 class is now eligible. I think that would mitigate the multitude of voting options and also reward guys for sticking around. And of course the HoF panel should have some more sway in the voting. Have the HoF guys votes count as double or something. 

I think that would actually be pretty cool because then it gives you an "eligible list" to vote from instead of picking names out of the sky.

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Good ideas.

20 minutes ago, Phire said:

Remember when @EaglesPeteC had like 1 post and signed up to GM FFMD? We had a field day with that one, not sure it's HOF thread worthy but that was a pretty funny time.

I was actually around in the GM Mock forum for a few years just doing mocks (I think I joined in 2008). I never wandered to the Eagles forum until that year. It was a good time until I picked Dion Jordan at 4........whoops 

Phire here are the individual threads you could add to the OP if you want? For Nostalgic purposes and to help for future inducted classes if needed. Fun reads.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=470436

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=505831

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=536457

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=556919

Archived