Pre-Draft Mock Draft

SDotNova

Let's get some mocks going before the draft. A little over one week to go.

Caution: Nobody knows what in the world is going to happen with pick #3. So, please don't get hung up on that pick. Also, I used the Huddle Report Rankings to gauge which players could be available when we pick. 

Live from the great state of Texas.

Cleveland: Sam Darnold QB, USC. I think they ultimately go Sam Darnold over Josh Allen.

Giants: After fielding calls from Buffalo who are trying to trade up for Josh Allen, the Giants decide to stay put and select Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State.

The NYJ are on the clock. With the 3rd Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, the NYJ select Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. I have no idea who the Jets will take. I'd be equally happy with Rosen and Mayfield. For this mock, I am going with Rosen just because my coin landed heads. 

Pick 72: The Jets trade pick 72 to the Los Angeles Rams for pick 87 and pick 111. The FF Jets Forum will blow up in anger because there likely will be a player we really want at that pick. But Macc holding true to his draft philosophy of trading back and accumulating picks, pulls the trigger. The Rams have been aggressive this Free Agency, I don't know who they'll trade up for but I think they are a team that will continue to be aggressive during the draft.

Pick 87: Kemoko Turay, Edge, Rutgers. A local guy who the Jets have brought in. Is a developmental edge who is very explosive. Macc continues his streak of picking edge guys in the 3rd round. Hopefully Turay has more success than some of the other guys.

We have to start investing in our offensive line to protect our FQB. This is a deep class at interior line. So, the Jets decide to double dip with their next two picks.

Pick 107: Mason Cole, OL, Michigan. A versatile lineman who is scheme versatile. Best case scenario is he becomes an average starter at either center or guard. Worse case scenario is he becomes a versatile backup.

Pick 111: Scott Quessenberry, OC/OG, UCLA. Another versatile interior lineman. Might be considered a reach by some, but I really like him and think that not only does he fit our scheme, but he is versatile. He has a similar best case and worse case as Mason Cole. Another benefit is that he will be a familiar face for our franchise QB. 

Pick 157: Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa. Another player that the Jets have brought in. I like his running style. Very shifty guy. I think he will be a good addition to our RB committee.

Pick 179: Folorunso Fatukasi, 3-4 DE, Connecticut. I like his name, was featured on a Jets blog, fits a need. Let's get him.

Pick 235: Kylie Fitts, 3-4OLB, Utah. Another developmental edge, who can backup Jordan Jenkins. 

Alright, FF Jets Forum. Let me have it. 

I really like Turay and Cole. Fatukasi impressed me at, I believe it was the EW shrine game.  Wadley’s okay but i’m hoping that a Penny or Johnson fall to the third. I would rather a guy that could be a number one back. As I said I like Turay and normally I would take an edge rusher over a RB but I think giving our offense with a rookie QB another weapon is more important this year.

Archived