ROSEN MAXED OUT? DISCUSS

mistakey

I think Rosen's potential all comes down to whether he stays healthy. Saying he is a low ceiling guy to me is a bit ridiculous. That's like saying any QB prospect that runs a 4.8 40 or above, isn't build like a Defensive End, doesn't have a 4.0 with a double major in Organic Chemistry and Football Theory, and doesn't throw the ball 65 mph has a low ceiling. So basically, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Russel Wilson, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, and on and on have low ceilings. If Rosen stays healthy he can definitely be a Super Bowl winning Quarterback. The reason I've backed off Rosen as my #1 QB is solely due to injury history. The concussions are worrisome. 

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I thought you didn’t like Darnold?

I set 'em up, you knock 'em down. Now, as I was saying before, freaky, mistake, bernie, tehdeal and I have laid out this smorgasbord for you Darnold fans to enjoy...

Unfair to say he is maxed out as a passer. Though I do think in some way, all the flak he has taken about durability/character is taking emphasis off of his on-field flaws.

I think he’s a very good prospect and will be decent, at least. But I’m hearing “if it wasn’t for his concussions/character, he’d be number one overall.” And I’m not sure about that at all.

He has limited functional athleticism, can’t really extend the play, has a tendency to lock onto reads and forces the ball with bonehead decisions as much as any other QB prospect. Also turns it over at practically the same rate as Darnold. And for all his accuracy compliments, he is a 60% career completion passer.

He is pro-style in his mechanics and fundamentals from the pocket and I think he will at least be competent and consistent enough when on the field.

I certainly think he’s more Eli Manning than Tom Brady. Which is completely fine, that’s a good franchise QB in its own right.

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

What about those of us that like both Mayfield and Darnold?

I think most that like Mayfield like Darnold to some extent. The Darnold supporters mostly seem to think Darnold is an elite QB prospect and Mayfield is Manziel. Not sure why, has to be their guy or it's garbage I guess. Not sure if it is coincidence or Darnold has that thing about him that attracts those fans, like Bridgewater did. It will certainly be unbearable around here if we draft Mayfield though so I don't even know if I want that to happen.

6 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think most that like Mayfield like Darnold to some extent. The Darnold supporters mostly seem to think Darnold is an elite QB prospect and Mayfield is Manziel. Not sure why, has to be their guy or it's garbage I guess. Not sure if it is coincidence or Darnold has that thing about him that attracts those fans, like Bridgewater did. It will certainly be unbearable around here if we draft Mayfield though so I don't even know if I want that to happen.

I think Baker is 2nd best qb in the draft based on charter concerns and superior talent around him. Darnold isn't as polished, but seems like a legit dude and could really come on in years 3-10 of his career.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

That’s simply not true. I haven’t seen many comps of Mayfield to Manziel in here. One, maybe two.

It’s not Darnold or garbage. I think Rosen is a top flight prospect.

Archived