Group Consensus Mock - Rd 2 Winner Jessie Bates

JLambert58

Group Consensus Mock - Round 2  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who are YOU taking with the 60th pick? (Rd 2)

• Jessie Bates S
    • Kyzir White S
    • Tarvarius Moore S
    • Terrell Edmunds S
    • M.J. Stewart CB/S
    • Anthony Averett CB
    • Donte Jackson CB
    • Tim Settle DT
    • Rasheem Green DE
    • DaShawn Hand DE
    • Duke Ejiofor DE/ OLB
    • Uchenna Nwosu OLB
    • Josh Sweat OLB
    • Mark Andrews TE
    • Michael Gallup WR
    • Anthony Miller WR
    • James Washington WR
    • Rashaad Penny RB
    • Nick Chubb RB
    • Kerryon Johnson RB

I would not touch Marcus Allen.  He is a slower version of Mike Michael.

Dorian ODanial is like Keion Adams in that he would be a SS/LB hybrid.  I tossed him out there because the Steelers like him and I know some people have him ranked higher than I do.

Just now, MOSteelers56 said:

He's very polarizing. I remember people hyping him as a 1st rounder early in the process. 

I still think he's a 2/3 round guy that will slip some because his combine wasn't super impressive from a measured aspect despite his tape being really good.  I think he can be what we thought Kenny Vaccarro was going to be.  Jarious Byrd (Former Bills S) is another name that comes to mind.  Bigger rangy safeties.

Just now, jebrick said:

I would not touch Marcus Allen.  He is a slower version of Mike Michael.

Dorian ODanial is like Keion Adams in that he would be a SS/LB hybrid.  I tossed him out there because the Steelers like him and I know some people have him ranked higher than I do.

Marcus Allen got too much hate.  He makes plays.  Breaks up passes almost as often as he picks them off.  Has the ability to cover and play zone.  Isn't afraid to stick his nose in it.  Most importantly to me is he can sift through traffic and is patient in his reads.

11 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Eh.  Personally I think there's a good chunk of talent 40-80 range in this draft where we can really still have an option of good talent.  I think there's going to be some runs on positions that are also going to give us a chance to get someone we didn't expect to be there.  Like last year, there was the CB/DL run that pushed JuJu all the way to us, and I had him in the 30-45 range.

This is where the bulk of the WR come off the board.

4 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Marcus Allen got too much hate.  He makes plays.  Breaks up passes almost as often as he picks them off.  Has the ability to cover and play zone.  Isn't afraid to stick his nose in it.  Most importantly to me is he can sift through traffic and is patient in his reads.

He has 1 career interception in 46 games.  Are you saying he has 1 PD as well?( I know he has more PD.  i am just poking fun :-))  He is an in the box safety.  He led Penn St, in tackles

23 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I will be surprised if Penny is on the board in the 3rd.  any thoughts on John Kelly, RB, Tennessee?

Not unlike Kamara, in the moron named Butch Jones' Offense, Kelly was underutilized. However, Kelly appears to be solid all around tho not spectacular. I'd place him in the 4th Rd (which we don't have). Other names to consider are Samuels from NCST (who I would liken to Kelly but rank him a little higher) and Freeman. I really like Freeman's game. IMO, being that RB is a secondary need I don't think Kelly is good enough to be taken in the 3rd. 

10 minutes ago, jebrick said:

He has 1 career interception in 46 games.  Are you saying he has 1 PD as well?( I know he has more PD.  i am just poking fun :-))  He is an in the box safety.  He led Penn St, in tackles

He played the ball well in the air.  He's one where the stats do not tell the whole story at all.

Archived