RUMOR: DARNOLD FOLLOWED STANTON ON INSTA

mistakey

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Tyrod is sealing the leak, our draft pick is the replacement pipe that we will get to installing when the time is right.

Unless you were using plumbing as a metaphor for personal leakage but you don't really seal the leak.  You do have options to choose from with dealing with it, the best route for you personally depends. I meant *is depends.

I think its a metaphor that drafting Darnold would be urinating away the top pick in the draft.

11 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Wishful thinking for Darnold I hope.  Brownsie (I am loving that word!).  Drafting Mr. Mediocre at 1 overall in a stacked draft with at least 3 better QB prospects on the board would be such a Browns move, and would pretty much destroy all confidence in Dorsey.  That would be a bigger blunder than giving a good former first round player to the Pats for literally nothing.

I could not disagree more, in fact I have the exact opposite reaction to this news. The Browns (and by extension Dorsey) finally got it right. You just don't see what almost everyone else does and that's Darnold is the best QB in this draft. I just don't understand how you think there is 3 better QBs in this draft? You must be either taking crazy pills or be hallucinating imo. 

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

" i don't do Tweeters...Baker Mayfield is a leader of men... guys love him and gravitate toward him, he's accurate, he's a winner, he has feet, and he's our franchise QB" -- John Dorsey

911124510.jpg.0.jpg&sp=789331460e3a7b852

Great last post before your hiatus. See you back here in draft day.

12 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I could not disagree more, in fact I have the exact opposite reaction to this news. The Browns (and by extension Dorsey) finally got it right. You just don't see what almost everyone else does and that's Darnold is the best QB in this draft. I just don't understand how you think there is 3 better QBs in this draft? You must be either taking crazy pills or be hallucinating imo. 

Darnold Traits..... 1.)  wonky throwing motion  2.) his insistence that he will not even consider working on that wonky throwing motion (that is called coachability).  3.) poor decision making leading to more interceptions in year 2.  4.)  his excuse for said poor decision making and increased interceptions, a loss of confidence  5.) His active demonstration of said lack of confidence by refusing to throw at the combine because he did not want to be in the same spotlight and stage as his peers because he knew that he would look bad in comparison.  The ONLY reasons not to throw at the combine are injury, or if you are the consensus top QB in the class.  Neither apply to him.  6.)  FUMBLEITIS  7.) Average at best arm.

Add it all up and you have a very low ceiling, and a mediocre QB.  He likely will reach that ceiling and have a mid career Chad Pennington type of impact on the field.  I want more.  Especially from a loaded draft like this one, at #1 overall.

6 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Darnold Traits.....  2.) his insistence that he will not even consider working on that wonky throwing motion (that is called coachability).

Just so you're aware of the whole story, his throwing motion is not really a problem. Rather, it's the footwork. You watch the tape, you'll see that some of his lowlights were a direct result of said footwork. Led to turnovers a few times, even. But the fact that he could be so accurate most of the time, while still having bad footwork, that's impressive.

As to that footwork, and the fumblitis you referenced, he has worked all offseason on those with Jordan Palmer. He spent countless hours developing the habit of keeping two hands on the ball to reduce those fumbles.

...In order to improve these things, he must be coachable...

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Darnold Traits..... 1.)  wonky throwing motion  2.) his insistence that he will not even consider working on that wonky throwing motion (that is called coachability).  3.) poor decision making leading to more interceptions in year 2.  4.)  his excuse for said poor decision making and increased interceptions, a loss of confidence  5.) His active demonstration of said lack of confidence by refusing to throw at the combine because he did not want to be in the same spotlight and stage as his peers because he knew that he would look bad in comparison.  The ONLY reasons not to throw at the combine are injury, or if you are the consensus top QB in the class.  Neither apply to him.  6.)  FUMBLEITIS  7.) Average at best arm.

Add it all up and you have a very low ceiling, and a mediocre QB.  He likely will reach that ceiling and have a mid career Chad Pennington type of impact on the field.  I want more.  Especially from a loaded draft like this one, at #1 overall.

Agree to disagree cause I don't see any of that. He's 20 years old and to say he has a low ceiling is absurd. Mayfield is at his ceiling right now imo because when he goes against an NFL defense he will be at his floor from then on, so we must be watching different film or something cause I just don't see what you see apparently on both players. 

Archived