Give Alex Smith More Help - Final MOCK draft + depth chart

taylor made

On 4/19/2018 at 11:43 AM, Woz said:

Woah woah woah.

How the heck do you complain about doing something for three seasons being a failure but then get upset when I say the 3-4 hasn't worked for a decade, and that the Redskins need to keep at it?

1. Hunt was a third round pick.
  2. Had they made the right decision and taken Zac Cunningham, we wouldn't be complaining about Kamara.

It’s a easier fix to find a starting RB, than to fix an entire front 7. 

You seem to continually miss the point that the 3-4 isn’t the problem. It’s personnel. We’re missing a big consistent run stuffer on the DL no matter the scheme. We were 7th in the nfl in sacks last year and that was w/o Allen most of the year and our pass D was 9th. If we had just one better player - a run stuffing NT - our run D would’ve been better than 32nd and our defense and team overall would’ve been better.

2. If we had taken Cunningham we’d still be complaining about our running game sucking and how we should’ve taken Kamara because last time I checked Kamara is better than Cunningham and Kamara was one of the best offensive rookies in the nfl.

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s a easier fix to find a starting RB, than to fix an entire front 7. 

Gee, who knew fixing one position was easier than fixing seven?! O.o

Of course it is easier to find a RB. They're available every year. Spending heavily to fix a single position that the team apparently doesn't value all that much is silly.

You seem to continually miss the point that the 3-4 isn’t the problem. It’s personnel.

And yet in the nearly ten years of running the 3-4, multiple coaching staffs and who knows how many scouts cannot find the right personnel. They seemingly get people who fit a four man front and then try to shoehorn them into a three man front.

We’re missing a big consistent run stuffer on the DL no matter the scheme. We were 7th in the nfl in sacks last year and that was w/o Allen most of the year and our pass D was 9th. If we had just one better player - a run stuffing NT - our run D would’ve been better than 32nd and our defense and team overall would’ve been better.

And yet, you're advocating spending a first or second round pick on a running back. o.O

2. If we had taken Cunningham we’d still be complaining about our running game sucking and how we should’ve taken Kamara because last time I checked Kamara is better than Cunningham and Kamara was one of the best offensive rookies in the nfl.

You might. I wouldn't be because I know how much more valuable quality linebackers are than an equivalent running back.

Complaining of Ryan Anderson over Kamara? Fine. But the guy who was the best on the board at a position of need? C'mon now.

Clearly they’re not going to fill the major holes (LG, DT, RB, CB) in the first 2 rounds, where you expect to find immediate starters. I know, shocker, but bear with me I’m thinking out loud

Of all the rumors that have been floating around the last couple months there’s 2 that stuck with me. One is that the FO is looking to give Alex Smith everything he needs for a big year so they don’t look like donkeys for Cousins walking. Two is a draft scenario from a couple weeks ago that has them trading down for Payne than trading back in ahead of philly for Guice. 

Of course, as fans, we want all 4 holes filled with quality and want them filled yesterday. Say the Payne/Guice scenario plays out and we’re somehow left with a  3. Id be for taking a guard instead of Guice. Now the trenches are fixed. Making your RB and CBs look that much better. I’d also be for trading next years 3 (remember the comp) and the 3 were left with to move up for a RB. That’s leaves CB. If this ridiculous dream scenario goes down I’m fine with leaving the CBs as is, I mean Norman is a pro bowler, maybe adding a late round flier. 

I know this post didn’t add much to the convo but it is time to dream fellas 

On 4/25/2018 at 8:46 AM, bigdog44 said:

Two is a draft scenario from a couple weeks ago that has them trading down for Payne than trading back in ahead of philly for Guice. 

The double dip strategy is a dangerous one because it assumes they can find someone who will trade up with them at a price they're willing to pay independent of the position. If another team knows they are trading up to get ahead of the Eagles, the price goes up because the Redskins are a bit desperate.

Archived