Call your shots

mistakey

Everyone’s doin their mocks.  I don’t care about rounds 2 thru 7

what will we do at 1 and 4 let’s get it on record.  

1 Darnold

4 Chubb

im already second guessing that.  I think NYG May take Chubb.  In that case I think we trade down. Regardless it’s too late for me now.  

Get @ReggieCamp in here he’s good at this

1. Darnold 

4. Chubb 

we trade back in and have three 1st. Don’t know for who just yet. Maybe someone falling or someone they’re high on. Hoping it’s one of DJ Moore, Mike Hughes, Josh Jackson, Jairo Alexander, or possibly Guice 

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

Woah hold the phone are you ever going to advocate for taking a quarterback?

Had we not gotten Taylor, I would be all for taking one.  Taylor is just 28, he took a poor Bills team to the playoffs.  He has never had the talent around him that we can put around him.  I think he can be a more athletic Alex Smith with a stronger arm.  My preference is to take elite players.  This draft could be the perfect storm to build the foundation for a dynasty.  We have a QB that I believe in.  Its an extremely deep and talented draft.  We have 4 picks in the top 35.  There will be several QBs drafted in round 1 which will make some likely round 1 talent fall to us with those first 2 picks in round 2.

If we do draft a QB, I want it to be Allen, because his ceiling is several stories higher than that of any of the others, he just needs to sit and work on his craft, be coached up and learn.  If we needed a QB to start right away, I would be all for Mayfield.

59 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Had we not gotten Taylor, I would be all for taking one.  Taylor is just 28, he took a poor Bills team to the playoffs.  He has never had the talent around him that we can put around him.  I think he can be a more athletic Alex Smith with a stronger arm.  My preference is to take elite players.  This draft could be the perfect storm to build the foundation for a dynasty.  We have a QB that I believe in.  Its an extremely deep and talented draft.  We have 4 picks in the top 35.  There will be several QBs drafted in round 1 which will make some likely round 1 talent fall to us with those first 2 picks in round 2.

If we do draft a QB, I want it to be Allen, because his ceiling is several stories higher than that of any of the others, he just needs to sit and work on his craft, be coached up and learn.  If we needed a QB to start right away, I would be all for Mayfield.

I can support this approach except for the Allen part.

I have no issues with Taylor being the QB and can easily see him continuing to be the QB for the next couple of years except, in normal Browns fashion, we will sit him at the first sign of a semi-bad game for the guy we draft that is sitting behind him. Then bounce back and forth for a few games before jettisoning him then declaring the new guy a bust as well later in the season. Seen this play out far too many times now and is the reason I could support your approach of not grabbing a QB as then it keeps of from feeling the need to have to start the backup. 

Honestly, I really expect  Taylor to have a fantastic season given the weapons he will have available to him, especially in Landry given his inclination to throw to the shorter, safer outlet. Landry's ability to get open and catch everything thrown his way is going to perfectly compliment Taylor's game.

Archived