Call your shots

mistakey

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m in 100% disagreement on this one.

I think Guice is a really good prospect whose running style I prefer in general. He may not make it through a second contract, but he runs HARD.

This situation is similar to the Hooker/Peppers + first deal from last year. Perhaps a slightly inferior player, but the additional compensation more than makes up for it.

The car comparison does make a decent point though, they both do essentially the same thing, but one doesn’t have nearly the cost associated with it.

too many good prospects at more premium positions will be around at #12. Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Denzel Ward, Derwin James, Quentin Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick even Vita Vea and Marcus Davenport have bigger impact potential. At #12 we are going to have better options than a RB. The same reason I don't want Barkley at #4 are the reasons I wouldn't want Guice at #12. Not too many picks later say 16/17ish range when those top guys at premium positions runs out then I am all for Guice. I like him a lot but not more than those other guys and even Mike McGlinchey at LT. I also think Jaire Alexander and Mike Hughes at CB would be huge for us.

I will say F the idea of Ridley or Moore. I'd take Guice over those two in a heartbeat and if for some reason all those guys are gone at #12 except Guice and Vea I would even be okay taking the risk associated the gamble Vea doesn't turn into the next Ngata and take Guice over him.

I suppose it all depends on how the draft falls but I believe we will have one of the last 1 or 2 high level talents available to us at #12

4 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

too many good prospects at more premium positions will be around at #12. Roquan Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, Denzel Ward, Derwin James, Quentin Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick even Vita Vea and Marcus Davenport have bigger impact potential. At #12 we are going to have better options than a RB. The same reason I don't want Barkley at #4 are the reasons I wouldn't want Guice at #12. Not too many picks later say 16/17ish range when those top guys at premium positions runs out then I am all for Guice. I like him a lot but not more than those other guys and even Mike McGlinchey at LT. I also think Jaire Alexander and Mike Hughes at CB would be huge for us.

I will say F the idea of Ridley or Moore. I'd take Guice over those two in a heartbeat and if for some reason all those guys are gone at #12 except Guice and Vea I would even be okay taking the risk associated the gamble Vea doesn't turn into the next Ngata and take Guice over him.

I suppose it all depends on how the draft falls but I believe we will have one of the last 1 or 2 high level talents available to us at #12

Ah, I see what you man.

No, Guice wouldn’t be my first option at 12 either, I’d be looking for a defensive player there most likely, same guys you mentioned.

33, 35 or 64 should be great spots for a good back.

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The car comparison does make a decent point though, they both do essentially the same thing, but one doesn’t have nearly the cost associated with it.

I firmly disagree on this one. We recently just bought at Lexus RX350 after owning a 2012 Honda CRV for the last 5 years and first looking into a new CRV or Rav4(which is why I used that comparison). It was actually over a 16,000 difference and I would do it again in a hear beat. There is simply no comparison from the Lexus to the Rav4 from everything to the ride, ride noise, ergonomic seating, warranty and so much more.

Obviously with cars even with the lowest end cars like a Kia or Mitsubishi you can at least count on 3-4 years of getting the job done while NFL prospects you cannot count on that. It cannot be used as a perfect comparison.

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

Thinking way too hard on this. Take the BPA.

Oversimplification iyam.

If someone is offering a tremendous amount of assets for something you have to weigh the pros/cons of it.

You’re emotionally attached to Barkley and want him, I get it, but that doesn’t mean he’s always the best option.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ah, I see what you man.

No, Guice wouldn’t be my first option at 12 either, I’d be looking for a defensive player there most likely, same guys you mentioned.

Well hell if Guice is on the board at 33 then Browns should be doing back hand springs all the way to the podium. I have had him going to Detroit at #20 for months. I think his ultimate landing zone is 15-20.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I firmly disagree on this one. We recently just bought at Lexus RX350 after owning a 2012 Honda CRV for the last 5 years and first looking into a new CRV or Rav4(which is why I used that comparison). It was actually over a 16,000 difference and I would do it again in a hear beat. There is simply no comparison from the Lexus to the Rav4 from everything to the ride, ride noise, ergonomic seating, warranty and so much more.

Obviously with cars even with the lowest end cars like a Kia or Mitsubishi you can at least count on 3-4 years of getting the job done while NFL prospects you cannot count on that. It cannot be used as a perfect comparison.

They both do the same job though.

One is pretty, more refined, etc. but essentially they both do the same job of getting you from point a to point b. You don’t need a Tomlinson to have a good runnning game, 3 solid/good backs can provide the same production at a fraction of the price.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oversimplification iyam.

If someone is offering a tremendous amount of assets for something you have to weigh the pros/cons of it.

You’re emotionally attached to Barkley and want him, I get it, but that doesn’t mean he’s always the best option.

I didn’t mention barkley. Just trading down for more picks (which we don’t need) and taking a lesser prospect (Davenport, Guice) is absurd.

I also didn’t say no trade down. If you can still get a top 5 player at 6 and get another 2nd this year and next take it every day and twice on Sunday.

1. Darnold

6. Ward - hands down best CB in the draft AND BPA.

+ another 2nd in the 30s and 2019 2nd

JACKPOT

1 minute ago, pnies20 said:

I didn’t mention barkley. 

I also didn’t say no trade down. If you can still get a top 5 player at 6 and get another 2nd this year and next take it every day and twice on Sunday.

1. Darnold

6. Ward - hands down best CB in the draft AND BPA.

+ another 2nd in the 30s and 2019 2nd

JACKPOT

I’d be all over that too.  

For me it’s simply a numbers/assets game.  I want the most and best.  That scenario is a helluva deal imo.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ah, I see what you man.

Rashaad Penny or Sony Michel at 35.

What Will Happen:

1(1). Baker Mayfield

1(4). Bradley Chubb

-----------------------------

What I Want:

1(1). Sam Darnold

1(4). a, Denzel Ward // b. Bradley Chubb

-Really torn on Ward vs Chubb after reviewing Ward again last week... If I knew Mike Hughes would fall and we'd get him, I'd go Chubb...

Archived