Who is the (second) best coach in the NFL?

DingoLadd

42 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I think you're lying :ph34r:

His team is in the hunt every year and he’s been to two Super Bowls and won one. Carroll is the only other coach close to him after Belichick and he did it for a shorter period

3 hours ago, AlNFL19 said:

But didn't the Eagles beat Atlanta in the Divisional Round?

Yeah but isn’t it ironic that Foles first playoff start was at home against a Saints team who never won a road playoff game in history and he lost? His second playoff start was against the Falcons and won. So Foles already had a playoff start under his belt, Goff didn’t. So playoff experience does matter. 

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Doug Peterson and to me it isn't really a debate.

Isn't the sample size...a bit small?

31 minutes ago, Bolts223 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion: John Harbaugh.

Def top five, for me. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah but isn’t it ironic that Foles first playoff start was at home against a Saints team who never won a road playoff game in history and he lost? His second playoff start was against the Falcons and won. So Foles already had a playoff start under his belt, Goff didn’t. So playoff experience does matter. 

So the entire reason Philly won that game was that Foles had played in the playoffs before?

And no, I don't see much irony there. Losing happens. So what? He's not the only guy to lose his first playoff game.

On 4/22/2018 at 4:41 AM, SteelKing728 said:

I'd take Pederson over Zimmer. Pederson outcoached him in the 2 games their teams played each other. 

Zimmer might be up there, but he's not the #2 coach in the league. 

Ehhh 2 games is a small sample size and Zimmer has had bad QBs for both matchups. I'd take him as a defensive coach over Pederson as an offensive coach. 

3 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Ehhh 2 games is a small sample size and Zimmer has had bad QBs for both matchups. I'd take him as a defensive coach over Pederson as an offensive coach. 

Kirk Cousins has been pretty successful against the Eagles too???

1 hour ago, AlNFL19 said:

So the entire reason Philly won that game was that Foles had played in the playoffs before?

And no, I don't see much irony there. Losing happens. So what? He's not the only guy to lose his first playoff game.

No but when the guy who touches the ball the most has experienced the playoff atmosphere, it certainly helps the team. As I mentioned Foles had an historical season 2013 but lost at home in the postseason to a Saints team who never won a road playoff game at the time. I’m not saying that everyone who plays in their first playoff game can’t win but having playoff experience helps. It helped that Foles witness the struggles in his first playoff start so that when he did get back and was the starter he wasn’t shell shocked or shaken or even if he was he can draw from previous experience to help him prepare and/or play better. That’s all I’m saying.

14 hours ago, lancerman said:

His team is in the hunt every year and he’s been to two Super Bowls and won one. Carroll is the only other coach close to him after Belichick and he did it for a shorter period

Oh I thought you were winding them up. Sorry. Yeah he's certainly up there, you have to say. Not as bad as some people make out.

What I'm most impressed with McVay about is something that's probably the hardest thing to do as a coach, and that's delegating tasks. He's done an insanely good job at building a staff as a whole.  Wade Phillips might be the best DC in football, Kromer is a top 3 OL coach in the league, and a well respected S&C coach.  He brought in a LOT of really good coaches and trusted them to do their job.  Too often I feel like HC's try to screw with things they don't know a lot about and it backfires, or try to not bring in the top guys with fear that they'll either outshine them or leave for another job.

Archived