Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 29

Every year there is a voting mock draft in the draft forum.  I like to let only team fans vote for the pick.  The 2018 Forum by forum mock draft is here.  The Jacksonville Jaguars are on the clock with pick 29.  The first guy to 5 picks is the selection.  If no one gets to 5 after 24 hours the leader wins.  In case of a tie the earliest to the lead total wins.  If you discuss multiple gys in your post, please make a clear indication in your post who your actual choice is.

1. Cleveland - Sam Darnold

2. Giants - Saquon Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Cleveland - Bradley Chubb

5, Denver - Quentin Nelson 

6. Indianapolis - Denzel Ward

7. Tampa - Derwin James

8. Chicago - Tremaine Edmunds

9. SF 49ers - Minkah Fitzpatrick

10. Oakland - Vita Vea

11. Miami - Roquon Smith

12. Buffalo - Baker Mayfield

13. Washington - Derrius Guice

14. Green Bay - Harold Landry

15. Arizona - Josh Allen

16. Baltimore - DJ Moore

17. LA Chargers - Lamar Jackson

18. Seattle - Mike McGlinchey

19. Dallas - Calvin Ridley

20. Detroit - Da'Ron Payne

21. Cincinnati - Marcus Davenport

22. Buffalo - Layton Vander Esch

23. NE - Rashaan Evans

24. Carolina - Will Hernandez

25. Tennessee - Josh Sweat

26. Atlanta - Taven Bryan

27. New Orleans - Jaire Alexander

28. Pittsburgh - Sam Hubbard

That's...a really awesome draft scenario for the Jaguars i think.  A handful of guys i'd be absolutely thrilled with.

Personally, i'd probably go with Courtland Sutton.  But i doubt that's where this front office would go.

Connor Williams would be an absolutely awesome selection too, with potential as either a RT or RG.  Would really fit with this regime's theme of continuing to beef up the OLine, at the two spots most in need of bolstering.

im gonna with Isiah Wynn G/T Georgia. he might lack the length of traditional Tackles but he handled Left Tackle  well in the SEC. 

Connor Williams film is underwhelming to watch to me plus the Dude isnt tought. i dont know what kinda of Knee problem he had this year but he missed 7 games this year for it and the knee injury didnt require surgery but i dont like his size especially if we are gonna be playing him inside the first year at below 300 pounds. 

if we want to go tackle id rather go pick Mike McGlinchey.  if we want another interior olinemen name id throw James Daniels from Iowa out there as well as Billy Price. 

an interesting Defender choice would be Lorenzo Carter who would be a Sam Lber but hes got some Coverage Experience and hes a pretty good Pass rusher. 

2 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

im gonna with Isiah Wynn G/T Georgia. he might lack the length of traditional Tackles but he handled Left Tackle  well in the SEC. 

Connor Williams film is underwhelming to watch to me plus the Dude isnt tought. i dont know what kinda of Knee problem he had this year but he missed 7 games this year for it and the knee injury didnt require surgery but i dont like his size especially if we are gonna be playing him inside the first year at below 300 pounds. 

if we want to go tackle id rather go pick Mike McGlinchey.  if we want another interior olinemen name id throw James Daniels from Iowa out there as well as Billy Price. 

an interesting Defender choice would be Lorenzo Carter who would be a Sam Lber but hes got some Coverage Experience and hes a pretty good Pass rusher. 

I don’t think this team will draft a guard prospect in the first round. I’d say they have intentions on drafting a Tackle with the ability to play G until next season which in that case they can kick him out in place of Parnell. I fully expect them to  draft a player round 1 that will help them day 1. I can’t see LB because he’d hardly play a good percentage of plays.. CB either.. with money given to Hayden. I’ve gone back researched Rudolph he isn’t worth a round 3 pick much less 29 that would be a huge reach.. I don’t think Lamar will be there he may not have round 1 QB intangibles but he has round 1 football talent you can argue he may be top 5 best pure football players in the draft. That’s why he will not be there at 29. 

I think they are going to draft an offensive weapon but I’m not to sure it’s going to be a guy that’s on your radars. I don't think it will be a WR but if it is I think it may be a guy like Chark.. I don't think they would use a 1st rounder on him unless they are convinced they can corral him. But last time we drafted a WR 29 it was RJ Soward. I'm not going to rule out a RB and I doubt they are interested in drafting TE early because a lot of their interviews for that position were on day 2 TEs unless they plan on drafting 2. It has to be a Olineman, or offensive weapon; I doubt its dline, DB, or LB. 

3 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

I don’t think this team will draft a guard prospect in the first round. I’d say they have intentions on drafting a Tackle with the ability to play G until next season which in that case they can kick him out in place of Parnell. I fully expect them to  draft a player round 1 that will help them day 1. I can’t see LB because he’d hardly play a good percentage of plays.. CB either.. with money given to Hayden. I’ve gone back researched Rudolph he isn’t worth a round 3 pick much less 29 that would be a huge reach.. I don’t think Lamar will be there he may not have round 1 QB intangibles but he has round 1 football talent you can argue he may be top 5 best pure football players in the draft. That’s why he will not be there at 29. 

I think they are going to draft an offensive weapon but I’m not to sure it’s going to be a guy that’s on your radars. I don't think it will be a WR but if it is I think it may be a guy like Chark.. I don't think they would use a 1st rounder on him unless they are convinced they can corral him. But last time we drafted a WR 29 it was RJ Soward. I'm not going to rule out a RB and I doubt they are interested in drafting TE early because a lot of their interviews for that position were on day 2 TEs unless they plan on drafting 2. It has to be a Olineman, or offensive weapon; I doubt its dline, DB, or LB. 

Whats your point? Its not like we draft 29 every year

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

That's...a really awesome draft scenario for the Jaguars i think.  A handful of guys i'd be absolutely thrilled with.

Personally, i'd probably go with Courtland Sutton.  But i doubt that's where this front office would go.

Connor Williams would be an absolutely awesome selection too, with potential as either a RT or RG.  Would really fit with this regime's theme of continuing to beef up the OLine, at the two spots most in need of bolstering.

Is Sutton your pick then?

4 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

like i said tho Wynn might be considered 2 small to be a tackle but in reality hes actually not smaller than Beachum.  Wynn measured at 6 foot 2 and 6/10 weighing 313 with 33 3/8 arms with 8.5 inch hands. 

Beachum for reference point was 6 foot 2 7/10 303 pounds with 33 1/4 arms with 9 and 3/8 hands. 

the only concern i have his his Hand size but i have no clue if hand size is really a big relevent thing. 

the reason i mentioned Carter is Because hes pretty much the Perfect Sam LBer.  he can slide down and play some DE but i really like his size/ability as a sam Lber. 

Imagine have 3 of the faster Lbers in the NFL and 2 of them arent considered Undersized. 

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

I wouldn't really worry about Williams weighing in a few pounds under 300 at the combine.  He probably trimmed down to run better, but i'm sure could get back on the heavy side of that threshold with a big dinner or two.  If that's where you want him to be, he should easily be able to get himself north of 300 for camp.  I also wouldn't really call him "not tough" for sitting out while injured.  Doesn't really play "soft" on the field...has some mean and nasty finish to his game that i've seen.  I'd almost ding McGlinchey more on that front.  He's already gone in this mock anyway btw.

Really, even if you just cross-train him a little bit at G, but leave Cann or somebody else from the draft starting there and have him play swing tackle this year and take over full time later in the year or next year, that'd be fine value i think.  Guys will get banged up and the swing tackle will probably get plenty of chance to play.  Would be a nice luxury to have a guy like Williams to slide in there.

Archived