Forum by forum Mock Draft - Pick 29

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I wouldn't really worry about Williams weighing in a few pounds under 300 at the combine.  He probably trimmed down to run better, but i'm sure could get back on the heavy side of that threshold with a big dinner or two.  If that's where you want him to be, he should easily be able to get himself north of 300 for camp.  I also wouldn't really call him "not tough" for sitting out while injured.  Doesn't really play "soft" on the field...has some mean and nasty finish to his game that i've seen.  I'd almost ding McGlinchey more on that front.  He's already gone in this mock anyway btw.

Really, even if you just cross-train him a little bit at G, but leave Cann or somebody else from the draft starting there and have him play swing tackle this year and take over full time later in the year or next year, that'd be fine value i think.  Guys will get banged up and the swing tackle will probably get plenty of chance to play.  Would be a nice luxury to have a guy like Williams to slide in there.

i would love to see Wynn there.  only real knock is a height but  i think he could work out at RT. 

9 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Josh Sweat at 25. That is laughable.

I would go BPA and take Maurice Hurst.

Yeah.  I laughed at that.  Titans gonna Titan i guess.  xD

Not sure what makes Hurst automatic "BPA" though.  Don't really subscribe to the idea that there's such thing as a clear BPA, especially at 29 though anyway.  Becomes a lot more about need and more importantly, fit, at that point.  And i wouldn't call Hurst a "need".

Yeah.  I laughed at that.  Titans gonna Titan i guess.  xD

Not sure what makes Hurst automatic "BPA" though.  Don't really subscribe to the idea that there's such thing as a clear BPA, especially at 29 though anyway.  Becomes a lot more about need and more importantly, fit, at that point.  And i wouldn't call Hurst a "need".

also dont think Hurst would really work for us.  only way it looks to work is if we cut campbell but im not sure i wanna cut him.

5 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i would love to see Wynn there.  only real knock is a height but  i think he could work out at RT. 

Height is improtant to Marrone based in previous drafts he's been apart of. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

Maybe.  He's got such a funky build.  OT limbs on a stocky squat IOL body.  :/  I do like Wynn and there is an outside chance that with a more open-minded team, he could work out as a Tackle.  I'd still go with Williams as the more likely to stick at RT long-term though.  Even if both ultimately end up inside.  For all the knock on Williams arms at the combine, he's still got basically the same length as Wynn, in a taller package.

Maybe.  He's got such a funky build.  OT limbs on a stocky squat IOL body.  :/  I do like Wynn and there is an outside chance that with a more open-minded team, he could work out as a Tackle.  I'd still go with Williams as the more likely to stick at RT long-term though.  Even if both ultimately end up inside.  For all the knock on Williams arms at the combine, he's still got basically the same length as Wynn, in a taller package.

i might even go Kolton Miller over williams but neither are IMO that good.   i think a TE would be the best idea. 

1 minute ago, LinderFournette said:

lol u mean hes drafted 3 OL in his last 2 jobs.  Zerbie Sanders, Mark Asper, and Cam.  Not really good track history at drafting them. 

Hes not drafting them. The FO is, but it looks to me like Marrone likes his OL to be pretty massive human beings. So I'd imagine the FO listens to him to some extent on what size/skillset he wants. 

9 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

i might even go Kolton Miller over williams but neither are IMO that good.   i think a TE would be the best idea. 

Miller would fit the height thing...but yeah, he's not that good.  Almost one of those guys with too much length.  Doesn't always use it, and gets into real trouble with guys getting underneath him and moving him back, or skittering around him.

I still don't really see the case for a TE in round 1.  There are too many guys i like as ~Top-100 talents, and no one guy that stands head and shoulders above as a bluechip 1st rounder to me.  I wouldn't be upset with Goedert i guess, but not overly excited either.

Just now, .Buzz said:

Hes not drafting them. The FO is, but it looks to me like Marrone likes his OL to be pretty massive human beings. So I'd imagine the FO listens to him to some extent on what size/skillset he wants. 

yes Marrone was here when this Franchise signed Beachum. im sure he had some thoughts there on him 

Archived