Seahawks rookie DT Malik McDowell "likely" out for season

RaidersAreOne

@MikeGarafolo 4h4 hours ago

Pete Carroll making it clear the Seahawks don't expect DE Malik McDowell back anytime soon after ATV accident. Will be out "quite a while."

@gbellseattle

From what been told/know/heard today from Pete Carroll, right now it's not likely top rookie Malik McDowell will play for #Seahawks in 2017

Disappointing news to say the least. I was very excited to see how he did this season.

I was looking forward too seeing him in Seattle. Thought it was a very good fit. He has amazing talent, just needs to stay focus and driven.

For the Seahawks, does it really change that much? I imagine he was really only slated for a rotational role?

5 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Wonder what happened. Did he beak something or sustain a serious head/neck injury?

The original reports a couple of weeks ago said he had a concussion and facial injuries.

8 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

The original reports a couple of weeks ago said he had a concussion and facial injuries.

Thats not fun. Never like to see this big of a stutter before a career can even start. That being said, man you gotta be smart. 

On 8/7/2017 at 7:29 PM, Forge said:

I was looking forward too seeing him in Seattle. Thought it was a very good fit. He has amazing talent, just needs to stay focus and driven.

For the Seahawks, does it really change that much? I imagine he was really only slated for a rotational role?

A rotational role, but a large one. The coaching staff had been talking about playing him everywhere from 3-tech to 5-tech to 1-tech. He was the player I was most excited to watch this preseason because his combination of movement skills and power remind me of an even better version of Kawann Short coming out. Our defense relies on quality rotations on the DLine and this should be a noticeable downgrade.   

Very disappointing news. 

Archived