2018 NFL Draft

showtime

Okay, folks.  The draft is about one week away, so we can use this thread to talk about particular players or positions we would like to see the team address on the first night.  

I've seen at least two different mock drafts today that have the Seahawks taking DE Marcus Davenport.  I've seen several other mock drafts that have the Seahawks taking a different defensive lineman.  How do you guys feel about this?  That isn't really something I've seen discussed much on here, but it's something a lot of people are predicting that the team will do.  

Chance of Seattle drafting at #18?

0.00000000002%

Gonna guess Seattle first pick will be in the 50's. Anyway, I think Seattle definitely takes an Edge, Interior DL, and a CB in their first picks. I know people keep mocking OL to Seattle, but I just dont think they will invest highly this year in the OL. I think the OL is pretty set anyway.

Brown - Fluker - Britt - Pocic - Fant/Ifedi/Hambone/5-7th

Think about how much Seattle has invested in the last 4 years, and where it left the rest of the team. The only offensive position I can see Settle taking in the first 4 rounds would be WR.

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

Chance of Seattle drafting at #18?

0.00000000002%

Gonna guess Seattle first pick will be in the 50's. Anyway, I think Seattle definitely takes an Edge, Interior DL, and a CB in their first picks. I know people keep mocking OL to Seattle, but I just dont think they will invest highly this year in the OL. I think the OL is pretty set anyway.

Brown - Fluker - Britt - Pocic - Fant/Ifedi/Hambone/5-7th

Think about how much Seattle has invested in the last 4 years, and where it left the rest of the team. The only offensive position I can see Settle taking in the first 4 rounds would be WR.

You can't see them taking a RB in the first four rounds?  Why not?

12 hours ago, animaltested said:

Value and Bigger needs elsewhere. They definitely could take a Running back, but I see that more of a 5-7 pick. 

I don't know.  Running back is a pretty huge need for the Seahawks.  Russell Wilson was the team's leading rusher in every statistical category last season.  You could be right, but depending on which guys are on the board, I could see them going RB.

So for me, if Seattle stays in the first round, they should choose a player that can move into one their weak position. Here are the open positions.

HB, WR2 [Compete with Darboh, Moore, Brown, Johnson), RT, SDE, CB2

In my little pre-draft skimming, I was drawn to Tavin Bryan and Isiah Oliver. Sounds like these two guys have the skillset to replace Bennett and Sherm. I know everyone keeps talking about RB and OL, but I really think defense is a bigger need, and you can gain more value early with DL and DBs, With 4 5th rounders, I think thats where Seattle can fill out RB, OL, and WR.

12 hours ago, animaltested said:

So for me, if Seattle stays in the first round, they should choose a player that can move into one their weak position. Here are the open positions.

In my little pre-draft skimming, I was drawn to Tavin Bryan and Isiah Oliver. Sounds like these two guys have the skillset to replace Bennett and Sherm. I know everyone keeps talking about RB and OL, but I really think defense is a bigger need, and you can gain more value early with DL and DBs, With 4 5th rounders, I think thats where Seattle can fill out RB, OL, and WR.

That's a fair point.  It's really hard to predict where the other RBs in this draft go after Barkley gets taken.  Normally you're correct when you say you can get value at RB later in the draft, but the running back situation is so got damn horrendous in Seattle that maybe they feel like they need to get someone they're pretty certain will be good.  I really don't want to go another year with absolutely zero running game other than Russell Wilson.

15 hours ago, animaltested said:

Isiah Oliver is a guy that most people in the niners forum are praying falls to our second pick at #59. He's one of the main reasons a lot of people want to trade back in the first and get a high second in return. He's a great fit schematically. 

So tomorrow, in round 3, its gotta be a defensive lineman right? That unit is thinner than its ever been. Only about 5 guys [Clark, Jones, Reed, Johnson, Stephen] and then you are relying on Jefferson, Dion Jordan and Marcus Smith? I mean one injury and Seattle is pulling dudes from the street to play significant time.

Archived