Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JMG5

Saints resign WR Brandon Coleman

Recommended Posts

He plays the role we ask him to play and doesn't complain. He blocks well in the run game and at times has been a good target in the redzone. Good signing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ckoz24 said:

I'll like the signing until he fumbles

I agree. I think they will work with him. Go look at his film, almost every time he gets contacted by a defender, his hand (with the ball) is way away from his body, almost like he's trying to counter balance, or something. It's a huge target and a huge problem.

If he can correct the fumblitis (like Tiki Barber did) then he's a great re-signing. He's a great blocker, too. Better than Jimmy Graham ever was/will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I agree. I think they will work with him. Go look at his film, almost every time he gets contacted by a defender, his hand (with the ball) is way away from his body, almost like he's trying to counter balance, or something. It's a huge target and a huge problem.

If he can correct the fumblitis (like Tiki Barber did) then he's a great re-signing. He's a great blocker, too. Better than Jimmy Graham ever was/will be.

That's the 3 C's though.... coaching, concentration, and consistancy. All of which requires practice. Despite that, this is a great re-signing. Question is, how many WRs do the Saints roll with for the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big resigning. Such an asset blocking, a lot like Meachem was. Has anyone heard terms of his deal though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not. Good blocker, hard worker, has improved each year, good locker room, knows the playbook, and cheap. We could definitely do worst with a #4-5 WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

Big resigning. Such an asset blocking, a lot like Meachem was. Has anyone heard terms of his deal though?

My guess? PeanutsĀ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, domepatrol91 said:

My guess? PeanutsĀ 

Are we talking generic or name brand peanuts like Planters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Are we talking generic or name brand peanuts like Planters?

I certainly think he's worth name-brand peanuts due to his blocking ability. He catches good too, just needs to protect the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×