D94W's Official Dallas Cowboys 7 Round Mock 2018

Dallas94Ware

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

OK, is this more of  prediction of what you think may happen, or who you would want based on availability of players etc..

love the work either way though.

Predictions based on teams history, tendencies, scheme fit, visits/workouts, and merticulous study of player types/scouting reports that the team tends to lean towards. 

Trust me, if it was a mock of what Id want...it would look very, very different. Im on record as saying i do not like LVE or Evans at 19. Id rather go Wynn or Hernandez, reach for Sutton, trade up for Smith/Edmunds/James, or trade out of round 1 entirely. Preferably trade out. Better values at WR, S, OT and DT in the second round; and an extra first next year would be a huge score.

While I do think LVE is the most likely pick at #19, I am still having a pretty hard time getting on this bandwagon. I love the athlete, and he had a big year, but I don't see the Urlacher or Lee in him. He just doesn't have those killer instincts and ability to quickly process what is happening in front of him. 

Maybe he can develop. But I am hesitant, and not sure he's ready to make an early impact.

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

While I do think LVE is the most likely pick at #19, I am still having a pretty hard time getting on this bandwagon. I love the athlete, and he had a big year, but I don't see the Urlacher or Lee in him. He just doesn't have those killer instincts and ability to quickly process what is happening in front of him. 

Maybe he can develop. But I am hesitant, and not sure he's ready to make an early impact.

This has been my complaint as well. I see what there is to like and the huge room for progress (only one year starting at the position). But I see a good player who will learn a few things but never be that big time playmaker we sorely need. To make a Cowboys comparison, I see more Bradie James than Sean Lee. James was good. Reliable, played well. But was no where near the special player Lee is.

But, like I said, Id do things very different in this mock if it were my choices. Im strictly sticking to what I think they will do, not what id prefer they do.

I am really unsure going forward my instinct tells me they will be better off getting the best LB they can be it LVE or Evans who every grades out better on their board both should be available at 19.   Then grab a WR second be it your guy or Miller.     Either way I just hope they don’t grab a WR 1st or if they do it better be a HR pick as I feel there usually ain’t much difference between talent on Wr 1st to 2nd unless it’s a sure fire pick in which case he will be long gone by 19

I am very worried about my first selection in this mock now. They say Leighton's neck bug is dropping him off first round grades. I dont think Dallas would do so if they liked him, and he fits the mold of the linebacker theyve tried selecting previously (Thompson, Shazier, Barr, Mosley).

So ill just add..if medicals do push him downward, Evans would be the pick. Linebacker will be fhe best value in that range for THEM.

Archived