QBs Traded Up For Mock Draft with quick explanation

brownie man

I wanted to make a mock with some realistic trades 

1. Cleveland Browns - QB Sam Darnold USC: Best QB in the draft nuff said

***2. Denver Broncos - QB Josh Rosen UCLA: Broncos have coached Allen and Baker didn't love either so they go up and get their guy. Trade a 2018 2nd and a 2019 2nd to move up from 5. 

3. New York Jets - QB Baker Mayfield Oklahoma-Allen too much a projection Baker's accuracy will keep him competitive for years. 

***4. Buffalo Bills - QB Josh Allen Wyoming - Built for the Buffalo weather strong arm to slice through the winds. Trades 12, 22, and 2019 first to move up from 12. 

5. New York Giants - RB Saquon Barkley Penn State- Giants ideal trade scenario still get Barkley and another second to help build on the line. 

6. Indianapolis Colts - DE Bradley Chubb NC State - Indy gets their stud pass rusher. 

7. Tampa Bay Buccs - S Derwin James Florida State: Superstar safety will be the team's leader early on 

8. Chicago Bears - OG Quenton Nelson Notre Dame. Protect the franchise. Chicago has NDs former O line coach. Nelson+Long potentially best guard tandem in the league. 

9. San Francisco 49ers - DB Minkah Fitzpatrick Alabama: John Lynch will find a place to put Minkah top 3 player in the class. 

10. Oakland Raiders - LB Roquan Smith Georgia- Chucky wants to bring a tough mentality and demeanor to Oakland. Roquan will set that and fill a huge hole at LB. 

11. Miami Dolphins - LB Tremaine Edwards Virginia Tech - Huge hold at LB Edwards is the most talented one in the draft. 

12. Cleveland Browns - CB Denzel Ward Ohio State: Number 1 corner falls because of QBs and size. Browns need a premier corner Ward has the traits to become that.

13. Washington Redskins - DT Vita Vea Washington- Dealing with Barkley and Zeke a big DT will help stop the run. 

***  14. Baltimore Ravens - QB Lamar Jackson Louisville: Joe Flacco's contract isnt guaranteed in 2019 they get the future. Baltimore trades a 3rd this year and 3rd next year to jump Arizona and ensure Jackson. 

15. Arizona Cardinals - WR Calvin Ridley Alabama: Larry is getting old Ridley comes in and can produce right away. 

16. Green Bay Packers - OLB Harold Landry Boston College - Team needs a pass rusher Landry best OLB on the board 

17. Los Angeles Chargers- OT Mike McGlinchy Notre Dame: Protect Rivers as he gets older helps with the running game as well at RT. 

18. Seattle Seahawks - CB Josh Jackson Iowa: Zone corner will fit well in Seattle's cover 3 defense 

19. Dallas Cowboys - LB Rashaan Evans Alabama: Sean Lee cant be depended on Evans is a 10 year starter.

20. Detroit Lions - RB Derrius Guice LSU: Detroit finally gets their every down runner. Guice brings nasty mentality and has better receiving ability than he has shown so far.  

21. Cincinnati Bengals - OL Isaiah Wynn Georgia: O line help could be used all around in Cinci Wynn could fit at tackle potentially but probably become a stud guard.  

22. Cleveland Browns DE Marcus Davenport UTSA- Browns think about drafting him at 12, but Davenport falls to 22 because of depth of pass rushers between picks. 

23. New England Patriots - OT Kolton Miller UCLA- Athletic Tackle to take place of Solder. 

24. Carolina Panthers - OG Will Hernandez- Guard help to come in to replace Norwell. 

25. Tennessee Titans - DL Taven Bryan Florida - 34 Dlineman who can move around. Hopefully he does turn into that poor man's JJ Watt. 

26. Atlanta Falcons - DT Daron Payne Alabama - Atlanta could use D line help. Payne would allow their 3techs to put pressure and their LBs to cleanly fly around. 

27. New Orleans Saints - TE Mike Gesicki Penn State - Some may say a reach I say hes going to have the best career of all the TEs in this draft.

28. Pittsburgh Steelers - LB Leighton Vander Esch Boise State - Injury scares teams so he drops. Will play inside in Pittsburgh's 34. 

29. Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Courtland Sutton SMU - Big bodied receiver to help inaccarate Bortles. 

30. Minnesota Vikings OL Connor Williams Texas - Protect the investment that is Cousins spend assests on the Oline. 

31. New England Patriots DE/OLB Lorenzo Carter Georgia : Pass rush!!! Can play 34 OLB or 43 end. 

32. Philadelphia Eagles - DT Maurice Hurst Michigan : BPA luxury pick will put in alof of pressure in Phillys 43. 

I like the pick, but I'm conflicted if I would prefer Hurst along the defensive line or getting OL help. Probably OL help as we did sign Sheldon Richardson, but I don't see Richardson as a long term part of this team, so Hurst would be very tempting.

No trade for the Browns. I'd rather roll with what we have than get 2 1st round picks. Plus I'd demand something stupidly ridiculous in return (All 1sts 2nds and 3rds in 2018, 1st and 2nd in 2019, 2nd and 3rd in 2020...) and Bills fans would never agree. They'd call me mean names.

Just stay there and take either Chubb or Barkley. We can pick a CB/WR/OT BPA in the 2nd round. We got #33, #35, and #64. 

That is all

mastercheddaar 

52 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills won't trade 3 first round picks unless they're moving up to the 2nd overall.

Picks 12 and 22 is already enough to get to 4, they likely give the Browns back their 3rd in this scenario. 

I think that’s what’s itll take to get up to 4. Browns have enough picks to really entice us it’ll have to be a lot. Big reason is Giants don’t want to miss out on a HOF player so they’re not trying to drop to 12. And Jets aren’t trading down so we’re your only shot. 

Mans unless your sold on AJ you gotta make a move 

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think that’s what’s itll take to get up to 4. Browns have enough picks to really entice us it’ll have to be a lot. Big reason is Giants don’t want to miss out on a HOF player so they’re not trying to drop to 12. And Jets aren’t trading down so we’re your only shot. 

Mans unless your sold on AJ you gotta make a move 

That is under the presumption the Broncos (who have been rumoured to want to trade down) would take Allen if they stayed at 5. In this scenario I think the Bills would be able to wait until picks 7-9 to make their move.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That is under the presumption the Broncos (who have been rumoured to want to trade down) would take Allen if they stayed at 5. In this scenario I think the Bills would be able to wait until picks 7-9 to make their move.

True but that’s if Browns don’t get any more offers 

apparently Arizona are big fans of Allen 

they could want to give us a first next year. Plus there is a premium for passing on Chubb or Barkley 

26. Atlanta Falcons - DT Daron Payne Alabama - Atlanta could use O line help

Fantastic falcons pick but your explanation beside it is just wrong lol.  Our O-line is pretty much set at this point with  Schraeder, Fusco, Mack, Levitre, and Matthews

Our biggest FA signing this year was a OG in Brandon Fusco who finished as a top 20 to 25 OG last year and before injuries was routinely in the top 5 to 8.  We signed him for 3 or 4 years at 4 or 5 mil a year.  For that amount of years and money he's pretty much our starter lol.  The other 4 guys are perfectly fine and are all top 15 players at their position and some are top 5 in Mack and usually Schraeder.

Archived