Surprise 1st Rounders

goldfishwars

A thread for any unheralded guys you think might sneak in, or any late 'rising' prospects you've seen mentioned in the 1st round discussion of late? 

Not sure how much of it is guys throwing dirt around to see what sticks (obviously an element of that going on) - or teams just having a completely different value system to the consensus. A few names I've heard of late:

Lots of noise

* Courtland Sutton - apparently now nailed on to be a 1st rounder, but could also be the first wideout taken

* Hayden Hurst - teams seem to really like him

* Josh Sweat - one of the edge needy teams, workout did him a lot of favors 

* Frank Ragnow - seen as an early 2nd round prospect, but might be a beneficiary of the Billy Price injury for teams that had them rated closely

* Donte Jackson - slot corners are difficult to mock for, but Jackson is liked enough for a team to take him high

* Lorenzo Carter - edge needy teams might be willing to take a chance on his upside in the 1st

* Sony Michel - a lot of teams think he's the 2nd best running back in the class, started to hear his name in the 1st

Some chatter:

* Dante Pettis - Seen a few reports about the Patriots liking as a potential 1st rounder

* Rasheem Green - seen him appearing in more than a few 1st round mocks late on

* Fred Warner - more leftfield, but seen him mentioned as a possibility at the end of the first for teams that couldn't land the big names at linebacker

* Kemoko Turay - might not make it into the first, but seen him linked to edge needy teams that appear to like him a lot

Of the names you listed, I like Frank Ragnow, Donte Jackson, and especially Fred Warner.  I had all 3 rated as 1st round picks after watching them.

I think Courtland Sutton is going to Dallas with the 19th pick.  I don't think he's a 1st round pick but everything points to them taking him to replace Dez.

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

* Kemoko Turay - might not make it into the first, but seen him linked to edge needy teams that appear to like him a lot

I love him but I think second round is his ceiling right now (mid-to-lower)

8 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Big thing with him are his medicals, but you can't deny his potential. I think 1st isn't likely though unless the team has zero concerns about his leg (and even still I think it's a bit rich).

I feel like there's about 26 solid first round players in this class and then really from the late first through the early third there's a massive group of guys carrying similar grades so there are honestly about 50 different guys I think *could* be first round picks.

14 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Frank Ragnow, Josh Sweat, and Sony Micheal are good ones.  I'll also throw in Harrison Phillips, Tyrell Crosby, and Anthony Miller.

If DJ Moore can get first round hype, why not Anthony Miller?

Ah yeah, Crosby - seen his name pop up a few times. I love Miller, he’s a top 20 player for me in this draft - but it’s eerily quiet on him.

On 4/19/2018 at 2:56 AM, goldfishwars said:

A thread for any unheralded guys you think might sneak in, or any late 'rising' prospects you've seen mentioned in the 1st round discussion of late? 

Not sure how much of it is guys throwing dirt around to see what sticks (obviously an element of that going on) - or teams just having a completely different value system to the consensus. A few names I've heard of late:

Lots of noise

* Courtland Sutton - apparently now nailed on to be a 1st rounder, but could also be the first wideout taken

He is getting some late buzz!

* Hayden Hurst - teams seem to really like him

It would be a no brainer except for his age! Talent wise he is the #1 TE.

Not in round 1, NO!

* Frank Ragnow - seen as an early 2nd round prospect, but might be a beneficiary of the Billy Price injury for teams that had them rated closely

Just picked the wrong year to come out with Daniels and Price clearly ahead of him and OC's rarely go round 1 anyways

* Donte Jackson - slot corners are difficult to mock for, but Jackson is liked enough for a team to take him high

Cannot see him in round 1 unless a zone team picks him.

* Lorenzo Carter - edge needy teams might be willing to take a chance on his upside in the 1st

IMO, more likely to be a 2nd rounder.

* Sony Michel - a lot of teams think he's the 2nd best running back in the class, started to hear his name in the 1st

Well Mayock just came out and had him ranked ahead of Guice at #2, so he could definitely go round 1!

Some chatter:

Tough calls for round 1!

* Dante Pettis - Seen a few reports about the Patriots liking as a potential 1st rounder

* Rasheem Green - seen him appearing in more than a few 1st round mocks late on

* Fred Warner - more leftfield, but seen him mentioned as a possibility at the end of the first for teams that couldn't land the big names at linebacker

Archived