Is the Steelers offense overrated?

CP3MVP

On 2018-08-12 at 12:22 AM, patriotsheatyan said:

Ben has made less with more the last few seasons. Elite talent everywhere but no consistency.

Agree. Ben really can't get more talent IMO, not realistically anyways.   This hyped offence has been going on for several years now, and we haven't won a SB, or a   AFCCG  either.  The D isn't good, but if the Offence is so elite, then just outscore the opposition.   Many will blame haley, but Ben needs to be accountable IMO.  That terrible play at the end of the  pats game sums it up for me and thats how I see it until proven different.  Really tired of the hype and lack of  results 9_9 Injuries can be  blamed a bit but it's at the point where if everyone is healthy, they have no excuses . 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

Agree. Ben really can't get more talent IMO, not realistically anyways.   This hyped offence has been going on for several years now, and we haven't won a SB, or a   AFCCG  either.  The D isn't good, but if the Offence is so elite, then just outscore the opposition.   Many will blame haley, but Ben needs to be accountable IMO.  That terrible play at the end of the  pats game sums it up for me and thats how I see it until proven different.  Really tired of the hype and lack of  results 9_9 Injuries can be  blamed a bit but it's at the point where if everyone is healthy, they have no excuses . 

That play was inexcusable. All game, though, I felt PIT finally turned the corner against us. Relentlessly attacking our weaknesses (which was shallow crosses behind the DL, in front of coverage), especially on third down. Had the sense all through that game that "this is it, they've finally cracked us". That final play torpedoed and ALMOST perfect game, offensively.

7 hours ago, megatechpc said:

That’s a fact I didn’t know and am amazed by.  For such a supposedly vaunted roster of offensive weapons there’s no excuse for not scoring at least 100 more points than an awful Ravens offense.  That’s really weird.

maybe the ravens offense is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be? they were 9th in points scored last year.

6 hours ago, August4th said:

maybe the ravens offense is not as bad as everyone makes it out to be? they were 9th in points scored last year.

the abc north had such a weak schedule last year, it might be best to just forget about that season why trying to gauge the teams rankings.  A lot of the stats are "who did they play":P

On 2018-05-02 at 4:01 PM, Chiefer said:

Chiefs with Hill/Kelce/Hunt/Watkins have got to be rivaling the Steelers.

Maybe, we will see this season. Is the Chief OL as good though? Thats something that never gets mentioned but Ben isn't on life supports anymore as he was a few years back. He used to run for his life weekly, had numerous injuries every year and never complained. We get 3 pro bowlers on the OL , he rarely gets hit, and then whines about haley. He is a strange one to figure out thats for sure.  

The chiefs could be a team that gets lots of yards and points this year, everyone is watching. 

I don't think the Chiefs are going anywhere this season.  Mahomes is going to be a huge bust and Chiefs' fans are going to be crying for Alex Smith by the end of the year.  They did two things in the past year to anger the Football Gods:  First, they got rid of their proven, solid, efficient, and mistake-free starting QB because they somehow blamed all of their playoff woes on him.  Second, they traded up in the draft and picked Patrick Mahomes WITH DESHAUN WATSON STILL AVAILABLE!!!!  When all is said and done 20 years into the future people will look back on that draft and wonder how in the hell anybody could ever have passed on Watson for Patrick Freaking Mahomes!  Book it...

The Steelers offense has consistently been one of the best in the NFL since they drafted Le’Veon Bell to go with the Ben and the passing game. 

Their defense though has fallen off in recent years. They have a lot of young talent that is developing but hasn’t gotten there yet and losing Shazier was tragic not only for the team and fanbase, but his loss really exposed the issues their defense has and what he covered up.

So, IMO the Steelers defense has been overrated for virtually this entire decade but their offense hasn’t been overrated. 

Archived