2018 NFL schedule Thread

NcFinest9erFan

25 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh, so loving the teases! So, MNF at the Packers (in October, yuck! Could've been worse, though..December!) and we host Giants on MNF?! Cool. Hopefully we get a Thursday and a Sunday night game as well...

Thanks to Jimmy G, we get more respect!

We play Oakland on TNF. No word on a SNF game yet.

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Giants on MNF eh? That's an interesting choice.

Surprised no rumors of SF/LAR on a prime time game.

Especially because it's a Monday night game. I thought they said they weren't really going to do those here because of the traffic. As someone who more often than not gets roped into working weekends, the more monday and Sunday night games the better. 

I will be making a trip to LA to see us smack the Rams, assuming it's a Sunday game. Anything but Monday night down there and I'm in

28 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Oh, that will be fun! 

I would be surprised and disappointed if we did not get at least ONE Sunday night game.

Especially early in the season. It's so freaking hot in santa Clara that a Sunday night game would do wonders. 

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yuck...a Week 11 bye. Hopefully no early season injuries. 

But I do feel this schedule is largely favorable. Week one vs. Cousins will be a fun opener.

11-5.

Would feel a lot more comfortable if Foster wasn't such a moron. But a good draft and the team could certainly win 9-11 games. 

I like the way that schedule lays out. Lots of tough road games early, then three easier home games at the end with one easy travel destination to LA to finish off the season. I also like the late bye. 

I also love how many primetime games we get! 

19 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

5 primetime games. I can't remember that ever happening. I thought we would get 3 at most. TV is really betting on Jimmy G.

Last time we had five prime time games was in 2013. And that was coming off a season where we made the Super Bowl. Jimmy G hype definitely has a lot to do with this. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not bad. Tough week one game, but then some competitive winnable games and fairly easy finish. 

Not too bad. 7-9/8-8/9-7 sounds about right, though there are a ton of crazy coin flip games where it's too early to know how good the opposing team will be. 

Why on earth do the Giants on Monday over the Rams???

Other than that, I like the layout of the schedule and the late bye. I've always believed a late season bye for a team with playoffs aspirations really helps with wear and tear over the first 2 months. LOVE we get the Vikes week 1. Come out the gate against a established SB contender was the exact kind of opener I was hoping for.  And 2 MNF, a TNF, and 2 SNF is alot more than I was expecting but I'm definitely not mad. 

Archived