2018 NFL schedule Thread

NcFinest9erFan

So we actually had six in 2012. Off the top my head I remember the Pats/Seahawks/Lions/Bears/Packers games on prime time that year. Don't remember the other one, but hopefully we are back on track to get on the level of those teams. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So we actually had six in 2012. Off the top my head I remember the Pats/Seahawks/Lions/Bears/Packers games on prime time that year. Don't remember the other one, but hopefully we are back on track to get on the level of those teams. 

The other one was in Arizona that year. Kind of a boring way because the Cardinals were so bad. I remember that game, because Randy Moss finally got into the endzone from Alex Smith at QB. Seemed like a monkey was taken off his back. 

7 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Most hated rivals (to me) are all in prime time. Only one missing is Dallas. 

Good note is that we only have one game on the east coast this year. 

Sucks for the east coast fans such as myself but anything that benefits the team, Im definitely ok with. 

13 hours ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yuck...a Week 11 bye. Hopefully no early season injuries. 

But I do feel this schedule is largely favorable. Week one vs. Cousins will be a fun opener.

11-5.

Sept. 9 at Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m. (FOX) 
Sept. 16 vs. Detroit Lions, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Sept. 23 at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (FOX) 

Sept. 30 at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 p.m. (CBS) 
Oct. 7 vs. Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Oct. 15 at Green Bay Packers, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN) 
Oct. 21 vs. Los Angeles Rams, 8:20 p.m. (NBC) 
Oct. 28 at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Nov. 1 vs. Oakland Raiders, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN) 
Nov. 12 vs. New York Giants, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN) 

Nov. 18 -- BYE 
Nov. 25 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. (FOX) 
Dec. 2 at Seattle Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. (NBC) 
Dec. 9 vs. Denver Broncos, 4:05 p.m. (CBS) 
Dec. 16 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Dec. 23 vs. Chicago Bears, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 

Dec. 30 at Los Angeles Rams, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)

Bolded are my predicted DUBS.  11-5. 

4 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

The other one was in Arizona that year. Kind of a boring way because the Cardinals were so bad. I remember that game, because Randy Moss finally got into the endzone from Alex Smith at QB. Seemed like a monkey was taken off his back. 

Ah yes, I remember that. Dude took a screen pass to the house. Smith got hurt in the next game against the Rams I believe. 

3 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Sept. 9 at Minnesota Vikings, 1 p.m. (FOX) 
Sept. 16 vs. Detroit Lions, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Sept. 23 at Kansas City Chiefs, 1 p.m. (FOX) 

Sept. 30 at Los Angeles Chargers, 4:05 p.m. (CBS) 
Oct. 7 vs. Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Oct. 15 at Green Bay Packers, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN) 
Oct. 21 vs. Los Angeles Rams, 8:20 p.m. (NBC) 
Oct. 28 at Arizona Cardinals, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Nov. 1 vs. Oakland Raiders, 8:20 p.m. (FOX/NFLN) 
Nov. 12 vs. New York Giants, 8:15 p.m. (ESPN) 

Nov. 18 -- BYE 
Nov. 25 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers, 1 p.m. (FOX) 
Dec. 2 at Seattle Seahawks, 8:20 p.m. (NBC) 
Dec. 9 vs. Denver Broncos, 4:05 p.m. (CBS) 
Dec. 16 vs. Seattle Seahawks, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 
Dec. 23 vs. Chicago Bears, 4:05 p.m. (FOX) 

Dec. 30 at Los Angeles Rams, 4:05 p.m. (FOX)

Bolded are my predicted DUBS.  11-5. 

These were the exact 11 I thought of, and also think we can beat the Chargers and steal a Rams game if one of those W's turns into an L. 

This is 100% contingent on the health of Garoppolo, though (and by proxy, my complete faith in Garoppolo/Shanahan separately and as a tandem). This might not even be another 6-10 team without him. But with him healthy all year, I truly think the range is 10-6 to 13-3.

53 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Ah yes, I remember that. Dude took a screen pass to the house. Smith got hurt in the next game against the Rams I believe. 

Wasn't that Cards game where Smith completed like 18 straight passes or something ridiculous and only had like 2 incompletions all night, or was that another game against the Cardinals? 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Wasn't that Cards game where Smith completed like 18 straight passes or something ridiculous and only had like 2 incompletions all night, or was that another game against the Cardinals? 

That was the game. Like really comes at you fast. He has like a perfect QB rating, then next week suffers a concussion and his reign as the QB of the 49ers is over just like that.

One of the reasons why players try to hide injuries so their replacement doesn't get a shot to take their spot for good. 

27 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think he was 18 for 19, and it didn't qualify has a NFL record because they required a minimum of 20 pass attempts. Alex was on fire. That was after the game in Buffalo where we had over 600 yards of offense (and didn't Kap come in late in that game and threw the pass to Josh Morgan where he broke his leg?). Even in the rams game when Alex got concussed, he was playing great. I think the drive that he completed after his concussion, he was nearly perfect. A lot of people have said that we wouldn't have gone to the Superbowl if we hadn't made the switch to Kap, but I'm not so sure. Alex was insanely good in that offense. First time in his career he was in the same offense two years in a row, and he was firing on all cylinders. 

I always go back to the Giants game that season and how bad our offense got dominated. I think Harbaugh couldn't get that out of his mind and thought the same thing will happen in the playoffs as it did the prior season. 

But it could have just been the Giants matched up well against us and had our number. Even the win against them in the regular season in 2011 was a very tough game that came down to the wire. 

Archived