Horizon Zero Dawn

If you take it slower and utilise the overpowered stealth  system, its reasonably easy not to die.  IIRC the only serious trouble I had was with the first corruptor, the last cauldron and the first time you encounter the Stalker while looking for the dude that runs away from a convoy.

The tearblast arrows (to remove dangerous weapons), freeze bombs and sticky bombs really help against the bigger machines

Horizon is a very good game with an awesome protagonist and a beautiful world. I can't wait to see what Guerrilla Games does next. 

Everyone doubted the game because of Killzone and they went and proved a lot of doubters wrong. I will get around to playing it again sometime in the future I would be happy to go back and complete the story again with dlc. 

I think I'm just not very good at this game and don't really understand all the bombs, arrow types, and weapons. I got to the area when the big bird thing shows up and quit because I couldn't figure out how to kill it. Same with the t--rex thing and the ones with the green sacs that blow fire. 

The game does a terrible job of introducing you to the different items and what they do.

Here's what I did:

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I got to the area when the big bird thing shows up and quit because I couldn't figure out how to kill it.

Use tearblast arrows (on the sharpshot bow iirc) to remove all the boxes on the wings of the Stormbird. Once you've done this, it can't use its electricity attack again.  Then use the ropecaster to keep in on the ground, followed by Freezebombs (on one of the slings) and then use a bunch of sticky bombs (from the other sling).  This combination allows the greatest amount of damage to be dealt before the ropes break.

Same with the t--rex thing

Same tactics as the Stormbird but you use the tearblast arrows to remove the blade guns about the legs, the guns in its mouth and the antenna thing on its back.  Once you've removed the disc guns, you can actually pick them up and use them against the Thunderjaw

ones with the green sacs that blow fire. 

Enough precision arrows (~4 iirc) into the green sacs cause them to blow up

The game does a terrible job of introducing you to the different items and what they do.

I think that the tutorials that appear in the mission section are supposed to do this, but 1) they aren't made obvious when they appear and 2) I never did them

Archived