Horizon Zero Dawn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Could somebody compare this game to Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Mass Effect, Witcher 3, Skyrim?

I'm contemplating making this my next time sinker because I don't think I want to buy a Switch until there are a few more games available for it.  I might just find an old copy of Mario 64 instead though. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Could somebody compare this game to Fallout 4, Far Cry 4, Mass Effect, Witcher 3, Skyrim?

I'm contemplating making this my next time sinker because I don't think I want to buy a Switch until there are a few more games available for it.  I might just find an old copy of Mario 64 instead though. 

No. It's not like any of them really. Far Cry would be the closest comparison but even that's just the crafting component. 

It has the strongest story of these games and the combat is more about knowing your opponent and attacking weak spots.

If you don't want to get in to a new series you should go Mario.

Just now, Supersuavesky said:

No. It's not like any of them really. Far Cry would be the closest comparison but even that's just the crafting component. 

It has the strongest story of these games and the combat is more about knowing your opponent and attacking weak spots.

If you don't want to get in to a new series you should go Mario.

Thanks.  That's what I needed.  I'll go with Mario. 

On 2/25/2018 at 1:55 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

Out of all these I've only ever played Witcher 3 and aside from it being open world, there's not many similarities. That said, it's probably the most fun game I've ever played and the story line is great. Only thing that I didn't like much about it were the facial animations. I put about 90 hours into this game and did almost everything offered. DLC is great also and very challenging unless you have the best armor b/c at that point, it becomes almost impossible to die aside from falling off cliffs. I would recommend it.

I 100%ed this game and the DLC, great game overall. Probably fringe top 5 game all time for me. Very often I found myself just getting lost running around the world and running into quests. One of the things I like the most is there is very little power creep, enemies that can kill you at level 5 can kill you at level 50.

17 hours ago, iLovetheLions said:

I 100%ed this game and the DLC, great game overall. Probably fringe top 5 game all time for me. Very often I found myself just getting lost running around the world and running into quests. One of the things I like the most is there is very little power creep, enemies that can kill you at level 5 can kill you at level 50.

Some people hated that but it was the most important thing for me. It was all skill based.

1 hour ago, Supersuavesky said:

Some people hated that but it was the most important thing for me. It was all skill based.

Same here. One of my favorite things about the game for sure! Another being what Lions said about just running around and doing random crap. The game was very great looking! 

2 hours ago, Supersuavesky said:

I wouldn't say hated the lack of powercreep but I certainly was sick of killing some of the animals by the end of the game. Lost its challenge after awhile. 

1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

I wouldn't say hated the lack of powercreep but I certainly was sick of killing some of the animals by the end of the game. Lost its challenge after awhile. 

Some of them, I would agree b/c you learn their tendencies and how aggressive they are. Thunderjaws never got easy. Stormbirds never got easy. Even Glinthawks were a pain in the *** up to the end for me. All DLC creatures were tough. I get the watchers were and the ones w/ the slow moving ones. The ones that went invisible? F them lol. If you didn't blow that component off, they were awful.

On 2/28/2018 at 12:59 PM, Spartacus said:

It was all about knowing your enemies. Monster Hunter and Dark Souls were the same.

• 1 month later...

Enjoyed it a lot, it was one of the better game experiences in recent years. Loved the story and it was overall an immersive experience.

With that being said, I haven't gotten the DLC yet.

Would you guys recommend it? I'm sure it's good, just wondering if the extra content is worth purchasing at the current price.

Archived