OL Erik Kush out for year

CBears019

4 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Kush tore his hamstring in practice yesterday and is out for the year.  Whitehair has been getting some reps at OG and Grassu at C as a result.

this definitely hurts our depth. Kush was more than capable at stepping in at C and both G positions, and helped KL come back slowly. Grasu was questionable to make the roster, now he looks like he will. 

15 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Kush tore his hamstring in practice yesterday and is out for the year.  Whitehair has been getting some reps at OG and Grassu at C as a result.

I'd be surprised if we didn't look to bring in a veteran there, especially with Long still seemingly a question mark for week 1. 

11 hours ago, G08 said:

I think Grasu was a lock to make this roster regardless, Pace isn't going to cut his 3rd round pick that didn't play last season due to injury.

This was my line of thinking as well. At minimum they were the two reserves who had experience at center, and Kush could start at G at either spot. I don't get the mentality that some have that a center cannot transfer over to guard. It is just about reps.

49ers released C/G Jeremy Zuttah.

Zuttah, 31, made the Pro Bowl with the Ravens last season but was going to be cut by Baltimore before he was dealt to the 49ers in March. Recently, Zuttah had been working with the second- and third-team lines at both center and guard. The Niners are rolling with Daniel Kilgore at center. Zuttah should get another chance.

Maybe worth a look.

Archived