John Dorsey's Pre-Draft Presser

MistaBohmbastic

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think it is Darnold or Baker. 

If Darnold busts you don’t have to defend your selection. 

If baker does you do. 

If you select Allen and he sucks and the others are good or great you are the clown of the nfl for the next decade.

Clear read.

Kudos!

37 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

"When we pass on HOFer Sam Darnold, and pass we shall... it will be to the blind applause of the masses." -- Proximo, Gladiator

You're the worst.

33 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

You're some kinda somethin.

the worst

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think it is Darnold or Baker. 

If Darnold busts you don’t have to defend your selection. 

If baker does you do. 

If you select Allen and he sucks and the others are good or great you are the clown of the nfl for the next decade.

So... he'd fit right in as a Cleveland Brown?

Honestly, the only negative scenario I see possibly happening in this draft is drafing Darnold in the first.  If they dodge that bullet we are good.  I don't want Rosen either but think there is no chance there.

I am fine with Allen and a stud player at another position.  I am fine with Mayfield and a stud at another position, I am fine with no round 1 QB and 2 studs at other positions.

3 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Honestly, the only scenario I see possibly happening in this draft is drafing Darnold in the first.  If they dodge that bullet we are good.  I don't want Rosen either but think there is no chance there.

I am fine with Allen and a stud player at another position.  I am fine with Mayfield and a stud at another position, I am fine with no round 1 QB and 2 studs at other positions.

R.I.P. Billy Mays

42 minutes ago, BaYArEa32 said:

It's gonna be Darnold minus the Giants offering something they can't refuse to go to 2. If giants offer that deal then baker at 2 would make sense from what I gathered from that presser. 

I’d make it next years 1st. 

I think the giants have a weak roster. So that could be a top 5 pick.

So Baker, Chubb/Barkley and two firsts next year would be th deal of the century. 

However I think the priority of the draft is to get Sam and a 1st next year with a trade back from 4 to 12 or 15. 

If Barkley falls to 4 there is a real chance we could get something outrageous for him.

2 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

R.I.P. Billy Mays

Nah, it would not kill me.  I have said I told you so before, when I was disgusted with Brady Quinn, Brandon Weedon, or Manziel in the first.  That would just be another name on the fabled jersey if they select him, unless of course Taylor blows everyone away, which is not out of the question (why I said I would be fine with passing on a QB in round 1 all together.)

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I’d make it next years 1st. 

I think the giants have a weak roster. So that could be a top 5 pick.

So Baker, Chubb/Barkley and two firsts next year would be th deal of the century. 

However I think the priority of the draft is to get Sam and a 1st next year with a trade back from 4 to 12 or 15. 

If Barkley falls to 4 there is a real chance we could get something outrageous for him.

I'm with ya I would swap 1-2 for next years first I think the Giants are destined to finish last in the NFC east. But just curious if Barkley is there at 4 you think that raises the trade value more then say the 4th QB? If we were to deal from 1 to 2 say take baker and both Chubb and Barkley are there yoi wouldn't take either to help team earlier? Jc cuz I personally would take one of the 2 there Barkley would be a spark to offense and Chubb would be a good add since ogbah and Garrett have had health issues 

10 minutes ago, BaYArEa32 said:

I'm with ya I would swap 1-2 for next years first I think the Giants are destined to finish last in the NFC east. But just curious if Barkley is there at 4 you think that raises the trade value more then say the 4th QB? If we were to deal from 1 to 2 say take baker and both Chubb and Barkley are there yoi wouldn't take either to help team earlier? Jc cuz I personally would take one of the 2 there Barkley would be a spark to offense and Chubb would be a good add since ogbah and Garrett have had health issues 

I think if Barkley, Allen and Chubb are at 4 the value increases a lot. I think teams in the 7-11 range might want to jump up for one of Barkley or Chubb while ari or buffalo would want Allen. 

Id rather go to 12 or 15 and get a 1st next y at and change than 7-8-9 and like a 2nd and a 3rd this year.

1 minute ago, BaYArEa32 said:

Which hopefully if we take Darnold at 1 he's that. Even if he's the guy im still down to try and get multiple first each yr

Same. 

I believe you need about 40 good players to win consistently. 

Rhe best way to keep the roster full of good players is to always be drafting guys high. 

Alao the more top picks you have the more you can just go get bpa rather than trying to fix your team. 

I love that we have spent some cash to fix holes in the team as well as trade for guys. 

I think Dorsey is a better team builder than Sachi. Or at least understands the roster better. I hope he is as good at drafting.

Archived